Monday, August 1, 2011

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

I've decided to keep the Houseboating 101 photos in the Gallery another week, but I am going to add to the collection daily. Today's pics come from Roxie's Volleyball Camp last week. Remember? We were the FIRST PLACE CHAMPIONS! Good times!

RANDOMNESS #1 - After two weeks of NOT walking or going to Body Pump, I resumed my exercise schedule today. That's right. I started walking again on the hottest day of the year so far.

The good news is I walked at a new place which has tons of shade... and a creek with giant turtles. It was very cool, and I intend to take my camera tomorrow and photograph turtles... and, of course, exercise. Ugh.

RANDOMNESS #2 - My friend, Julie, and I are going to Whole Foods later in the week. I have never been, but she told me I would love it. They have a Cheese Bar. That sounds very interesting to me. Very interesting, indeed.

Also, Whole Foods is located near a little restaurant I've been wanting to visit called Oodles of Noodles. That, too, sounds very interesting to me.

Oodles of Noodles is located less than a block from Yogurt Mountain and a squirt jar of marshmallow cream. You already know how interested I am in squirtable marshmallow cream. I believe it is one of the greatest inventions of this century.

Well, that and the Cheese Bar.

Don't worry. We plan on walking before we go on our eating spree. (Yeah, right!)

RANDOMNESS #3 - I have a new "favorite" writer. Ivey Harrington Beckman from HomeLife Magazine has a blog, and her blog posts are excellent. They make you think, think, think. I borrowed this from her blog today.

Rodney and Selma Wilson, authors of The Parent Adventure, have some power statements for parents. Try one or more today and then let us know your child's reaction.

1. Yes.

2. How can I pray for you?

3. Will you forgive me?

4. God has a plan for you.

5. I am excited that you are growing up (entering a new stage of life).

6. I know it hurts.

7. You are more important to me than... (you fill in the blank... report cards, work, sports, etc.).

8. I am so glad you are in our family.

9. I love you too much to let you do that.

10. Try to be patient with me. I've never been the parent of a (10, 12, 14, 16) year-old before. (Caution - This only works on the firstborn!)

I like this. I like this a lot. I'm going to try some "power statements" today and see how it works.

The easiest way to get to her blog is to google "Ivey Harrington Beckman Blog," and click on it.

Enjoy your Monday... and today's short post. I have a wonderful recipe to share with you tomorrow from my friend, Julie. You definitely need to check it out.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter