Friday, August 19, 2011

Alabama Theater Date (One More Time)

Good Friday morning!

I've added two more photos of things that are "older" than The Enchanting Belinda. I'm getting pretty desperate around here as you might have guessed.

I've also added some new volleyball pics from last night's game. We didn't win, but we were SO CLOSE. I predict we are going to have a very good year.

RANDOMNESS - In keeping with the ongoing theme of A Simple Life these last few days, I've copied a few "You Know You're Old If... " jokes for you to enjoy... or agree with.

You Know You're Old If...

You have to remind the kids Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings.

Work is a lot less fun... and fun is a lot more work.

It takes longer to rest than to get tired.

You realize that caution is the only thing you care to exercise.

You lean over to pick something up off the floor, and you ask yourself if there is anything else you need to do while you are down there. (I actually did this yesterday. Heavy, heavy sigh.)

Blog Linkage - The linkage is here, there and everywhere today.

1. Go to Big Mama under My Blog List and scroll down to the older post entitled "I'm Stocking Up on One-A-Day Plus Iron." This is a very humorous post about turning 40. I remember it well!

2. Go to www.andersonfamilycrew.blogspot.com and read the post entitled "Featured Sponsor Guest Post" dated August 15. There are a lot of helpful (super easy) ideas about how to take better pictures. Believe me... I understood it all so it isn't anything too complicated!

3. Go to Nesting Place under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "Pillow Shams" dated August 17. I'm going to actually try this one between now and next Friday. I'll let you know if I have any luck!

4. Go to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman under My Blog List and click on Photography at the top of her page. You will be able to see the winner of the Black and White Photo contest. Beautiful, beautiful pictures.

Alabama Theater Date

I've mentioned this date on several occasions, but because this is the first week back to school for many of you, this is something simple, easy, inexpensive and stress-free for you and one of your kids to try.

This Saturday, August 20 (at 2:00 p.m.), The Alabama Theater is showing Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore (rated PG).

Tickets are $7.00 for adults and $6.00 for children 11 and under. Parking is free on the street.

The theater is located at 1817 Third Avenue North.

I know. It isn't super creative, but get there a little early, buy some popcorn and a drink and talk about your child's first week of school in a relaxed, fun atmosphere.

As they say, "Enjoy the show!"

Weekend Happenings

Well, grass will be cut, movies will be seen, friends and family will be visited AND THE BOY IS COMING HOME! Yes! It's going to be a good weekend!

Mikie and I have a date tonight (unless something unforeseen happens), and I think we're just going to grill and chill at home. Doesn't that sound awesome?

Also, we're going to try a new restaurant (for the Faulkner Five) Sunday night. Be sure to visit Monday morning to get a review. (I've heard it is FABULOUS!)

That's it for us. Nothing major. Nothing huge. Just your typical "school started back this week and we need to decompress" sort of weekend.

Have a fantastic Friday. I'll be back bright and early Monday morning with Mindless Monday and pictures galore!

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter