Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Butterfinger Crumb Cake

Good Tuesday morning!

The Gallery Pic is of some of my "hang out to dry" laundry. I did four loads yesterday, but since my dryer is broken, I put everything outside to dry. This is Load No. 4. The first three loads are nice and dry and stiff. (I love clothes that have dried outside.) But Load No. 4 didn't quite make it before a thunderstorm re-soaked it.

Judd, my trusty dryer repairman, is coming today. I will be rewashing Load No. 4 and drying it in the DRYER! No more stiff clothes for me.

NOTE - I didn't bring them inside the house because we had company arriving and there was NO WHERE TO PUT the sopping wet laundry. Thus, everything stayed neatly stacked on the back deck until this morning. I'm sure my neighbors are very worried about what is going on at Faulkner Farms (circa 1842). (I know I am!)

ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! - I've found a way for you to leave a comment for the blog. You have to go ALL THE WAY DOWN (below the pictures) and click on the tiny phrase "Leave a Response." Fill in the required info (not hard), and leave your comment!

It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing until I figure out a better way. Bear with me. I am trying!

RANDOMNESS #1 - The boys are back in town! Brad and Tyler have come for a visit this week. Let the cooking begin!

Feeding (and filling) five men is a major undertaking, but I went for a "meat" run this morning, and I think I'm good to go.

Depending on the weather, Mikie, Austin and his college friends are going tubing this afternoon. Except for the fact it will only make them hungrier, I hope they get to go.

But if not, that's okay, too. They are surprisingly content at the house, and they are very good company. I've been looking forward to this visit all summer long.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I am in "Summer is Ending - School is Starting" Withdrawal. I don't want to buy school supplies. I don't want to start the grind. I am totally not ready.

However, as Roxie likes to point out, it doesn't really matter how I feel. She needs some blue jeans... by Monday. Arghhh! (That's Pirate Speak for "It's too soon! It's too soon!")

If you put my "Summer is Ending - School is Starting" Withdrawal with "The Boy is Leaving This Sunday to go to College Again" and "I'm going to be 50 Years-Old in 15 Days," you have all the ingredients for a Major Mama Breakdown.

I need some new meds.

50 Things I've Learned in 50 Years (Fashion Fads)

29. While I know it is "against the law" to wear pantyhose now, I have to admit I miss them. Pantyhose never really bothered me. My lily-white legs bother me. Shaving my lily-white legs EVERY SINGLE DAY bothers me. Having little or no tummy control bothers me. Not being able to say "Ahhh" after church on Sunday mornings when I take the pantyhose off bothers me. (It was such a good feeling.) I won't go against society, but I wouldn't mind pantyhose making a comeback in the near future.

30. Shoulder pads get a bad rap nowadays. Roxie is always laughing and pointing at 80s pictures of women wearing huge shoulder pads. I have one thing to say about shoulder pads. They gave millions of women a tinier waist without ever having to exercise. When you have linebacker shoulder pads holding up your dress, EVERYTHING else looks smaller in comparison.

31. I miss big hair. The bigger the hair, the better. Again, big hair made your face appear thinner, your eyes less puffy and your ears were a non-issue.

32. When I was growing up, no one had a pedicure unless they were rich and famous. Normal women painted their own toenails. Whoever thought of making pedicures a part of normal grooming was a genius. (It was probably the same person who said, "Throw away the pantyhose," but all is forgiven when I have a good foot soakin' and massage.)

33. Putting Spandex in every garment worn by women (including maternity wear) was a huge mistake. Perhaps one of the biggest mistakes ever made by mankind. If I live another 50 years, I don't think I'll change my mind about this one.

Butterfinger Crumb Cake

I made this dessert for the boys last night, and it turned out to be good AND easy. My two favorite prerequisites for any type of food prep.

You will need the following:

1 chocolate cake mix (eggs and oil)
2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
4 cups milk
3 large Butterfinger candy bars (crushed)
1 container Cool Whip

1. Prepare and bake the cake according to instructions on box in a greased 9" x 13" pan.

2. Allow cake to cool, then crumble into bowl.

3. Mix instant pudding with milk until set.

4. Pour 1/2 of the pudding in the bottom of a large glass bowl.

5. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cake crumbs over pudding. Pat cake into pudding.

6. Sprinkle 1 crushed Butterfinger candy bar over pudding and cake crumbs.

7. Repeat 4 through 6.

8. Spread Cool Whip over cake.

9. Sprinkle last Butterfinger candy bar crumbs over Cool Whip.

Can you say, "Yum!" I copied this recipe from my 101 Things To Do With a Cake Mix cookbook.

Don't expect a ton of leftovers!

Have a wonderful Tuesday. I'll be back in the morning with Wednesday Wisdom, a Seasonal Tradition, pics and more, more, more. Come back if you get a chance.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter