Sunday, July 31, 2011

Mercedes Benz Factory Tour Date

Good Sunday afternoon!

Once again, there are NO new Gallery Pics. I'll be adding new photos bright and early Monday morning.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Worship was very, very good this morning. A young couple from our church adopted two little boys from Uganda. We've been following their story, and we were able to meet the little guys in person today. This mother and dad already have three little girls, so their family has changed dramatically... and obviously for the better.

I cannot wait to watch these little ones grow up in our church as I pass them in the hallways on Sundays and Wednesdays.

RANDOMNESS #2 - As much as I love Yucatan Trading and the Butt Naked Candle, I have trouble remembering their hours of operation. If I am out and about on Highway 280 in the morning, it never fails I get there BEFORE 10:00 a.m. They weren't open the Sunday I stopped by either. However, Roxie and I left the house after checking the hours yesterday and they were OPEN!

We walked into the "candle room," and I instructed her to look for the ever-elusive Butt Naked Candle. No luck.

"I am NOT believing this!" I muttered.

A sweet lady who works there came into the room. "Can I help you?" she asked.

"Are you out of Butt Naked Candles again?" I asked.

"Oh, no. The girl who makes them changed the name."

"What do you mean she changed the name? Why would she change the name?"

"She does that from time to time. We don't ask."

Okay. There were Butt Naked Candles, but they had a new name. Only one question remained.

"What do you call them now?" I asked.

"Naked as a Jay Bird," she replied.

"Of course you do. Do you have two of them?"

"Why, yes. Yes, I do."

So instead of delivering a Butt Naked Candle to Mandi (who won the last contest), I will be delivering a Naked as a Jay Bird Candle... which smells exactly like the Butt Naked Candle. Divine. Simply divine.

Blog Linkage - I only have three links for you to check out today. Enjoy!

1. Go to www.designdazzle.blogspot.com and scroll down to the post entitled "Summer Camp Link Up Party" dated July 21 for tons of great summer ideas for you and your kids. I love this link.

2. Click on Nitty.Gritty. under My Blog List and scroll down to "The number of her days..." dated July 28. This is the tenth anniversary of Jody's loss, and this post is very sweet and poignant.

3. While you are visiting Nitty.Gritty., read "Three thousand, six hundred, fifty days..." dated July 29, 2011. Again, it is about the tragedy which struck their family ten years ago to the day and how they have coped. It is a must-read.

Mercedes-Benz Date

Experience the star-studded history of Mercedes-Benz, the world's premier automobile manufacturer. The story is chronicled in the Mercedes-Benz Visitor Center, the first of its kind outside Germany.

Factory Tours are available by reservation. Please call in advance. (Tuesday and Thursday only at 9:00 a.m., 9:15 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 12:45 p.m.) The tour fee is $5 per guest.

The address and contact number for Mercedes-Benz Factory Tours is listed below:

Mercedes Benz Factory Tours
1 Mercedes Drive
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35490
205-507-2252
888-286-8762

I haven't been on the tour, but again, it is one of those things I would have tried when the kids were younger. Be sure to take your date to a fun place for lunch after the tour. TALK on way to the plant. TALK at lunch. TALK on your way home.

And have a really good time!

Have a relaxing Sunday afternoon! I'll be back in the morning with Mindless Monday, and the beginning of a very structured week on A Simple Life (I hope, I hope).

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter