Friday, August 12, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from a Back-to-School Brunch Roxie and friends had yesterday. We went to the Original Pancake House downtown and the girls (most of them) discovered the goodness that is THE chocolate chip pancake. I myself ordered by old stand-by... the strawberry crepe. So, so good.

REMINDER! REMINDER! REMINDER! - Older posts of A Simple Life can be found at www.belindafaulkner.blogspot.com. If you are new to the blog, my server (whatever that is) shut me out of my own blog after almost 700 posts! I'm still working on getting everything moved to one spot, but until that time, you can scoot over there to look at my Archives. (Yes! I have Archives!)

REMINDER! REMINDER! REMINDER! - Don't forget to visit Belinda's Project Life. I'm all caught up, and I only have a few more days to go to finish this year's "project." A picture a day of my 49th year of life.

ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! - I've found a way for you to leave a comment for the blog. You have to go ALL THE WAY DOWN (below the pictures) and click on the tiny phrase "Leave a Response." Fill in the required info (not hard), and leave your comment!

It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing until I figure out a better way. Bear with me. I am trying!

50 Things I've Learned in 50 Years (High School)

38. The perfect outfit is key to your first day of high school. Hair comes in second and accessories finish out "what's really important" before you walk through those big double doors. If you feel good about your outfit, hair and accessories, you can usually survive "being late to class because you got lost," "using the faculty bathroom because you can't remember where the student bathroom is," "worrying if you have lunch with anyone you know or will you have to eat by yourself," etc.

All those things are unimportant because you look good, you see.

Actually, the only thing that really helps the first day of high school is getting through it. It was rarely as awful as I thought it would be, and the second day was always, ALWAYS so much better.

39. Being a Freshman is never easy. It never has been. It never will be. It is "starting over" whether you like it or not.

40. Being a Senior is exhilerating. Experiencing the FIRST "last time I will ever..." is emotional and exciting at the same time. The Senior year is also the fastest year in high school. It's a fact. Ask anyone!

41. And the Freshman year is by far the slowest year. Sorry. That's a fact, too. Ask anyone! (In fact, ask a Senior!)

Weekend Happenings

Oh, dear. The last weekend before school starts. I'm finding it very hard to breathe.

I guess I'll just make a Faulkner Five list. That's how my mind is working these days... list, list, list.

Mikie - He'll be spending one-on-one time with Austin tonight... getting the low-down on this coming year. You know... plans, hopes, dreams, etc. He'll then be reporting back to me!

He'll also be working at home Saturday, but not on a "honey-do" list. He has his own list, thank you very much.

Austin - After working at the Chick this weekend and spending quality family time with the Faulkner Five, he'll be heading to Band Camp Sunday after church. He won't be moving into the dorm for a couple more weeks, but he'll be gone (except for weekends or Sundays until after football season). Heavy, heavy sigh.

Josh - Friends, work and family make up Josh's weekend. Oh, and finishing the Summer Reading assignments. Yeah. That's right. The dreaded Summer Reading assignment. (If everything goes according to plan, he should be finished by Saturday night. My fingers are officially crossed.)

Roxie - Volleyball practice, volleyball pictures, friends and family are what Roxie's weekend is all about. That... and finding the perfect first-day-of-high-school top. We're still looking, but we are most definitely going to find it (or die trying).

The Enchanting Belinda - Making sure everyone gets where they are supposed to be, wearing what they are supposed to wear, packing what they need for a week, etc., etc. It doesn't sounds very exciting does it? However, I have THREE things I am really looking forward to during all the hustle and bustle of this hectic weekend:

1. I am attending my niece's baby shower. I LOVE showers... especially when a baby girl is going to be making an appearance in the near future.

2. Saturday night the Faulkner Five are going out for our traditional Back-to-School Dinner at an undisclosed restaurant. (I accidentally told Josh, but everyone else will be surprised.)

3. Church Sunday morning. A time to breathe, reflect, worship and in general, just get it together!

Have a fun weekend. I'll be back first thing Monday morning a few days closer to turning 50 AND I'll post some photos for you to peruse as you drink your back-to-school coffee!

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter