Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mini Meatball Sandwiches

Good Tuesday morning!

The Gallery contains a wildlife pic this morning. On my walk, not only did I see the giant turtle from yesterday's stroll, but also this little heron. The turtle was uncooperative as far as surfacing was concerned, and I hope to get a better picture of him later in the week. I know. A new meaningless goal.

CORRECTIONS! CORRECTIONS! CORRECTIONS! - From time to time, I make a mistake on A Simple Life. And, from time to time, I will try to correct them. I made two (that I know of) yesterday.

1. The name of the "noodle" restaurant I want to visit is NOT Oodles of Noodles. It is called Nothing But Noodles. Personally, I like my name better, but I was not asked to name the restaurant. Go figure.

2. The new name of the Butt Naked Candle is Naked as a Jaybird. "Jaybird" is one word... not two.

There. I hope I'm done with making mistakes for the day!

RANDOMNESS - In 24 days I will be 50 years-old. Even as I type this post, something seems terribly, terribly wrong. I mean, I get it. I am aging. I have aged. Time passes. Gravity takes hold. Things change.

I thought I would be so much wiser when I reached the half-century mark. I don't feel wiser. I still have to read "How-To" articles. I still say, "I don't know," more than twice a day. I still have self-doubt from time to time. (So far, four times this morning.)

I've been thinking of how I could commemorate turning 50 on the blog, and I've come up with an idea or two. I'm going to make a list of 50 things I have learned in 50 years. I wanted to make sure I actually had learned 50 things before I committed to such a large task, and it appears I have. (I didn't say the 50 things were "useful" or "deep." But there are 50 of them... and I am proud.)

I'll just post a few each day until the Big Day finally arrives.

50 Things I've Learned in 50 Years

1. Gravity is not our friend. Yes. It keeps our feet firmly planted on the ground, but it also pulls what was once on the top part of our bodies down to our ankles. I could do with a little less gravity in my life, thank you very much!

2. In my younger days, I always hated waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. At almost 50 years of age, I am now thrilled because it is proof positive my kidneys (a major organ, thank you very much) are still functioning!

Yep. I've got 48 more of 'em!

Mini Meatball Sandwiches

This idea came straight from The Pioneer Woman. While she makes her own homemade meatballs (and they look wonderful), I thought about a way to make these a little more "simple" for today's featured recipe.

You will need the following:

Frozen prepared meatballs
Jar of favorite spaghetti sauce (Ragu)
Provolone cheese slices
Sara Lee Dinner Rolls

1. Cover frozen meatballs with spaghetti sauce in slow cooker. Cook on low 2 to 3 hours.

2. Slice dinner rolls and add a meatball and 1/2 piece of Provolone cheese.

3. Serve with salad, sweet tea and fresh fruit.

The only thing easier would be for me to bring it to your house and put it on your plate!

We're having these TONIGHT!

If you want to check out the original meatball recipe, go to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman under My Blog List and click on Cooking at the top of her page. You can click on Mini Meatball Sandwiches on her sidebar for the recipe. It looks amazing.

Have a cool Tuesday. Man, it is hot out there! I'll be back in the morning with a Seasonal Tradition OR a Party, Wednesday Wisdom and hopefully, a really good turtle picture. I know. It's almost too much good stuff, isn't it?

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter