Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Conecuh Pork and Beans

Good Tuesday morning!

I've added a couple more birthday pics to the mix below. I'm going to STOP talking about turning 50 today. I promise. And we all know I keep my promises. Right?

CONTEST! CONTEST! CONTEST! - Belinda's Project Life has been completed. Here are the Contest Rules and Regulations.

1. Pick your TEN FAVORITE PICTURES from Belinda's Project Life.

2. If one of your favorites matches one of my favorites, I will put your name in the drawing bowl.

3. If three of your favorites match three of my favorites, I will put your name in the drawing bowl THREE TIMES! Get it?

4. Since my Comment Section on A Simple Life doesn't work (arghhh), you can leave your favs on Facebook or e-mail me at mfaulkner1306@charter.net.

5. The Contest is OVER midnight, Wednesday, August 31.

6. The Winner will be announced Thursday morning (September 1).

7. The Winner will receive a $10 Gift Certificate from YOLO's!

My friend, Neisa, e-mailed answers to me. FIVE of her favorites matched FIVE of my favorites... so her name goes into the drawing bowl FIVE times. That's how it works, my friends.

ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! - My new picture-of-the-day blog is up and running. Go to www.otherurbanmyths.blogspot.com OR click on 50 is Nifty... And Other Urban Myths under My Blog List.

RANDOMNESS #1 - While I hit the highlights of my birthday weekend, there were some things which deserve an Honorable Mention.

1. Mikie took the day off and we went to Niki's for lunch (my pick).

2. Mikie took the day off and we went to the movies (The Help... also, my pick).

3. My gifts ranged from clothes to gift certificates to everything in between. I loved my gifts.

4. For whatever reason, turning 50 was much less traumatic than turning 40. Go figure?

Oh. And did you notice I kept my promise about not talking about my birthday again? NOT!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Roxie and I are watching the final shows of Kate Plus 8. Last night and next Monday will mark the end of my obsession of women who have eight or more children.

I am sad that the family is going out on such a bad note. Kate's wonderful babysitter, Ashley, supposedly leaves in the middle of a two-week RV vacation because the drama is just too much.

And it is too much.

But I'm wondering. Who wouldn't think 14 days living in two RVs with 11 children driving across America seeing things like Old Faithful and Mt. Rushmore would not be too much. (That's right. They even took three extra kids and another mom on the trip.) I mean... Do the math!

That being said, I cannot wait until next Monday!

Conecuh Pork and Beans

Since tailgating season is upon us, I'm dedicating September to tailgating recipes. I make these baked beans ALL the time. They are easy and delicious... and you cannot mess them up.

You will need the following:

1 pound Conecuh Smoked Sausage (cut into 1/2" pieces)
1 large can pork and beans
1 chopped onion
1 chopped bell pepper
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
Garlic powder to taste
Chili powder to taste

1. Brown sausage in pan.

2. Remove sausage and brown onions and bell pepper.

3. Add in sausage and remaining ingredients, simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.

NOTE - While I copied this recipe from a Southern Lady magazine, I do things a little differently.

1. I cut the onion into halves and put it in a baking dish.

2. I cut the bell pepper into strips and add them to the pork and beans.

3. I bake the entire dish for 30 to 45 minutes to get the onion and bell pepper flavor in the beans without having little pieces of onion and peppers floating around.

But that's just me!

Have a wonderful Tuesday. I think I will. I'll be back in the morning with a Seasonal Tradition, Wednesday Wisdom, volleyball pics and more, more, more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter