Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa Cake

Good Tuesday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from the new park I discovered on my back road travels last week. It wasn't around when my kids were small, and I mourn the fact a little. My guys would have loved these giant animals back in the day.

RANDOMNESS - We're doing the volleyball thing again today. We have two games this week. TWO! I've got a good feeling about these two. I know I said that last week... and we ALMOST won. But it's different this week. I can't explain it.

And I hope I don't have to tomorrow morning.

50 Things I've Learned in 50 Years (Toddlers vs. Teens)

44. I've had both, and toddlers are by far the easier of the two.

45. Neither toddlers nor teenagers understand basic logic as expressed by an adult.

46. Toddlers AND teens are happy to spend every dime they possess on a new toy, are easily distracted and enjoy making a mess.

47. Teenagers are usually a lot bigger than toddlers. If a toddler lays on the ground screaming and kicking because they don't want to go where you want them to, you can pick them up and tuck them into the crook of your arm like a football. If a teenager lays on the ground, you might really hurt yourself trying to get them on their feet.

48. I was a much better mother BEFORE I had toddlers or teens. Just saying.

Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa Cake

I think about this recipe from time to time. So imagine my surprise and delight when I checked The Pioneer Woman's Cooking Section this morning, and she had made this recipe.

Does it sound familiar to you? Does it? Remember Steel Magnolias? Remember Truvy (Dolly Parton's character)? She gave this recipe to one of the other women in her beauty shop in the movie.

I have always wondered if it was indeed a good recipe... And it appears it is!

You will need the following:

1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 can fruit cocktail with juice

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8" square baking dish with butter.

2. Stir together flour, sugar and fruit cocktail with juice until just combined.

3. Pour into buttered pan and bake until warm and bubbly.

4. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

How about that? Always, ALWAYS go to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman under My Blog List and click on her Cooking Section if you want to find some really good/different/delicious-sounding recipes.

Have a lovely Tuesday. I will try to do the same. I'll be back in the morning with a Seasonal Tradition, Wednesday Wisdom AND Contest Rules and Regulations for next week's Belinda's Project Life Contest. Remember! A YOLO Gift Certificate is at stake!

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter