Friday, August 5, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

Can you believe it? Another week of summer has come and gone... and I'm still posting old vacation photos in the Gallery. I always keep a few "up my sleeve" for just such an occasion!

RANDOMNESS #1 - We're going to be the Faulkner Frat House for a few days next week. A couple of Austin's college buddies will be visiting, so I will be going to Sam's this weekend to do some "bulk" shopping. I need lots of meat, bread, drinks, desserts, veggies and snacks. And eggs. I need about five dozen eggs. At least.

RANDOMNESS #2 - The Boy will be leaving for Marching Southerners' Band Camp next Sunday, August 14. I'm beginning to prepare myself for another sad goodbye... except it isn't so sad this summer. Austin's happy. He loves school. He loves football season. We get to see him often. It's a good thing.

Oh. And he gets to "go and visit the Queen" for a week in January. Very exciting!

See how I've grown into a mature 1/3 Empty Nester? See? I even amaze myself.

Of course, Josh and Roxie have both signed legally binding contracts which state they will not leave Faulkner Farms (circa 1842) until Mikie and I give them permission to do so.

I wasn't a legal secretary for almost ten years for nothing!

50 Things I've Learned in 50 Years (Some Things Never Change... Or Do They?)

17. Height-wise, I am the same... which means I haven't begun shrinking yet... which is good.

18. Width-wise, I am a little different... which means I haven't begun shrinking there yet either... which isn't quite as good as the above.

19. Personality-wise, I think I've changed a little. However, I am still incredibly witty and personable... when you REALLY, REALLY get to know me.

20. I still enjoy planning for the future, but I've learned that day-to-day living is much more practical and doable. Living "one day at a time" is becoming easier for me to do the older I become.

21. Mikie is still the best friend I've ever had, and being married to him is the "rightest" thing I've ever done.

22. I always knew I would enter the Empty Nest phase of life kicking and screaming, and I was VERY correct. I have fought it and fought it hard, but to no avail.

23. I always knew being a Wife and Mom would be the best jobs I could ever have, and I was right.

24. As long as I can remember, I wanted three children... and nine grandchildren. (I still want nine grandchildren. Or one. Or ten. Whatever the Good Lord gives me!)

I've learned more in almost 50 years than I thought. I'll finish this list next week.

Weekend Happenings

I'm in panic mode about school starting back AND the tax-free weekend. I KNOW it saves a ton of money, but it also causes a ton of stress for simple folk like me. The pushing, the shoving, the screaming... and then when you factor in people other than The Enchanting Belinda being in the store... Well, it's just a little too, too much.

I am planning on going around 10:00 p.m. Friday or Saturday night. Hopefully, I won't see you there.

The Faulkner Men are on Chick/Yard/Car Duty. The Faulkner Women will be in the house getting ready for the college visitors. Everyone is going to be working (and they are beyond thrilled, I tell you).

I have a couple of things up my sleeve for a fun Sunday evening. I'll let you know if it works out. A stray thunderstorm could wash away all of my plans.

Have a lovely tax-free weekend! Enjoy time with family and friends. Visit Belinda's Project Life Saturday and Sunday for MORE daily pics. And don't forget to return to A Simple Life first thing Monday morning. I'll be here... waiting.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter