Friday, October 21, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from my HIKE yesterday at a new campsite discovered by my friend, Julie. It is only 15 minutes from my house, and it is lovely. Oh... And there's a creek, too. And you can canoe! Now, all we need is a date. But since it is so close by, I think we might be able to go in November.

I'm taking Mikie and the two Faulkner kids who will be home this weekend to check it out Sunday afternoon. It will officially be Fun Fall Ride #3!

WINNER! WINNER! WINNER! - In case you missed the announcement yesterday, Karman won the Contest! That's right! She WON! And she chose the Gift Certificate for lunch at Whole Foods Market. (A very good choice, I might add!)

Congratulations, Karman... And I want to thank everyone who participated in the Contest!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I am enjoying Pinterest very much. I've already tried one of the recipes I "pinned," and today I'm making one of the fall decorations I found. (I'll show you later. I promise.)

It's a very inspiring website!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I will tell you about an upcoming event next week. Tickets go on sale this weekend, so I'm going to wait until it's official before I say anything. (If I'm reading the information straight from the ticket, chances are better I won't give you the wrong date, time, etc., etc.)

I said chances are "better," not good!

Weekend Happenings

I'm going to do the "list thing" again because when I don't, things tend to get muddled. Five different people going five different places is confusing... for me.

Austin - I'm going to take Austin out of the "list thing" because he's leaving for Kentucky at midnight tonight for the JSU game tomorrow. He will not return to Jacksonville until Sunday, so he won't be coming home this weekend. (Don't worry. I think we're planning on having dinner with him Monday or Tuesday of next week to get our "Austin Fix." Not to mention our "Top of the River Fix.")

Now for the list!

Friday Night - Josh is visiting with friends. Mikie is playing catch-up at work. Roxie is feeling poorly right now, but if for any reason she is up and running around noon (Code for ABLE TO GO TO SCHOOL), she and I may go the high school football game tonight.

Saturday - Mike and Josh are heading to Mississippi College tomorrow. Josh is going to the Homecoming Game with a friend and then out-to-eat.

Saturday (Again) - Roxie and I may or may NOT be going to Clinton, Mississippi with the guys tomorrow. Some plans are up in the air, and we'll figure those out today.

If we DO go, Clinton has a Segway Tour in the historic district of town. (I'm checking into that today because I've always wanted to Segway, and Roxie is an old pro.)

We would also go to a couple of local restaurants for lunch and dinner in Jackson, maybe a movie, spend the night in a little hotel (which serves breakfast) and head home first thing Sunday morning.

It sounds fun, doesn't it?

If Roxie and I DO NOT go, Roxie will spend some time with friends Saturday evening, and I will bake pumpkin stuff and a huge Sunday dinner in honor of Mikie and Josh's return from the Mississippi trip.

Sunday - Church for me and Roxie Sunday morning. Josh will be home in time to attend Choir and his Sunday night class. And, of course, we are going to try to squeeze in Fun Fall Ride #3.

I don't really like it when The Faulkner Five are in three different states on any given weekend. I don't like it at all.

At least we will all be in the South!

Have a great weekend. I hope you get to spend a lot of time with family and friends. I'll be back Monday with all the usual stuff you've come to expect on A Simple Life.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter