Friday, October 14, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery Pic is of Roxie and her new Driver's Permit. See Roxie. See Roxie smile. See Roxie crawl behind the wheel of The Big Gold Van. Uh... no! I've been having nightmares ALL week long. (But she does look happy, doesn't she?)

RANDOMNESS #1 - I'll be posting in honor of Alabama's Coalition Against Domestic Violence Blog-a-Thon tomorrow morning. Stop by if you have a chance.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Believe it or not, the first nine weeks of high school is FINISHED! The last of the nine weeks' exams will be taken today, and I'm really hoping that means a "Homework Free" weekend. Josh and Roxie NEED it. I NEED it. All God's children NEED it!

RANDOMNESS #3 - The Importance of GNO - I'll just say one more thing about the GNO and be done with the topic.

It took me years and years to realize there are all kinds of different friends in the world. There are "work" friends, "church" friends, "we have kids the same age" friends, "movie" friends, "shopping" friends, "exercising" friends, "out-to-eat" friends, "younger" friends, "older" friends... the list goes on and on.

Recognizing and appreciating all of these different types of friends is one of life's sweet blessings.

I have also realized the importance of saying, "Let's go eat together and watch a chick flick. I've asked 27 other women, and I've told them to bring a friend if they want. It will be fun!"

It is fun. It is relaxing. It is a way to meet new women and fellowship with other people who understand and relate to all the "chick stuff" going on in your life.

And who knows. Maybe, just maybe, you'll meet a kindred spirit!

"I've dreamed of meeting her all my life... a bosom friend - an intimate friend, you know - a really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul." Anne of Green Gables.

Hey. It can happen!

And when it does... Well, that's just icing on the Friendship Cupcake!

Weekend Happenings

Things are getting "hecticer and hecticer" it seems. (Yes. I know there is no such word as "hecticer," but it fits my mood.)

Since we are scattered this weekend, I'm going to list The Faulkner Five's plans one family member at a time.

Mikie - He's leaving on a jet plane in the morning for an annual fall meeting. This year, he'll be in Washington, D.C. for a few days. It will be a good trip, but I'm going to miss him.

Austin - He's doing the Marching Southerners' Exhibition thing in Georgia Saturday. That means, he'll be heading home bright and early Sunday morning for church, visiting and laundry. Tis the season for really, really short and quick visits. I'm looking forward to seeing The Boy.

Josh - He's hanging with friends tonight, helping someone move Saturday morning and doing the movie thing with cousins Saturday night. He is ready to start working at the Christmas Tree Farm, but alas, there is not a huge demand for Christmas trees in October. Things will be cranking up in a few more weeks... and he is more than ready.

Roxie - She's spending time with her Grandmother and cousins tonight, shopping tomorrow and doing the movie thing with Josh and cousins Saturday evening. (I do hope there are some Krispy Kreme doughnuts in our future between now and Sunday! They do tend to make a weekend sweeter.)

The Enchanting Belinda - Mikie and I are going on a date tonight before he leaves on his jet plane Saturday morning. I'm not sure what we're going to do... but we are definitely going to spend some time together.

Maybe he'll take me to Whole Foods Market and buy Herman, the $69.99 pumpkin, for me. Herman needs a home... bad. And I need a hernia-inducing pumpkin. How does the average family move a GIANT pumpkin from car to front porch? We have no official "pumpkin-moving equipment," and we're pretty old. (Fifty, you know.) Herman could land both of us in the hospital if we're not careful.

I'll have to think about it today.

Saturday, I'll be playing catch-up at the house... doing all the things I didn't get a chance to do during the week. (Code for LAUNDRY!) I'll also begin baking two batches of Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. One for the house, and one for The Boy to take to school with him Monday morning.

Sunday, we'll be going to church, and then I'm planning a Fun Fall Ride Picnic. That's right. We are going to be eating our Sunday Wal-Mart chicken OUTSIDE in all of the beautiful autumnal glory! I haven't decided if we're going to Railroad Park, Botanical Gardens, Aldridge Gardens, etc., but I really want us to go somewhere!

As of this moment, none of the kids know about the plan. I'm thinking I will spring it on them Sunday morning, and see if we have a better turn-out. (Also, I'm using food as bait. I know. I'm shameless that way.)

That's it for us. Nothing spectacular, but hopefully, we can all enjoy some of this cooler weather in some way or another.

Have a great weekend. Enjoy the weather, your family, your friends. I'll have a post in the morning which is unusual to say the least. And I'll be back Monday morning with tons of pics.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Saturday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter