Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cheap Out-to-Eat Dates (This Weekend Only)

Good Thursday morning!

The Gallery Pics are of Josh. He is a Senior this year. (Have I mentioned that lately?) I LOVE these photos!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I know it is a little early, but some people start Christmas shopping in October! I know! Unbelievable. I found a list of 150 Stocking Stuffers on Pinterest, and I thought I would share some of the ideas over the next few days. If you're like me, you're always looking for new ideas.

1. $5 gift cards (Starbucks, McDonald's, Amazon, Borders etc.)

2. A favorite candy

3. Decorative cupcake liners

4. A favorite magazine

5. Camera strap cover

6. Packets of flower or herb seeds for planting

7. Personalized stationery

8. Slipper socks

9. Silly putty

10. Nail polishes

NOTE - Over the last few years, I've made theme stockings for Mikie and the kids. Since we have a tradition of going to the movies together the day after Christmas, I make a "Movie Stocking." I buy each of them a $10 Rave Theater Gift Certificate, their favorite giant candy and maybe a little trinket to represent the movie we're seeing that year. (They also have an ornament and a couple of other little gifts in the stocking, too.)

RANDOMNESS #2 - Gardendale First Baptist Women's Ministry is hosting a Ladies' Night Out November 29. There will be beautiful Christmas tablescapes, Christmas music, delicious food and several speakers. The main speaker is Karen Spann, James Spann's wife.

It is called Tis the Season, and the speakers will talk about the different seasons of life they are currently living. I'll be talking for 15 minutes about being in the Fall Season of life. (I know! I was surprised, too. I thought I was still in the Indian Summer Season of life. I had no idea I had crossed over until I was asked to speak about Fall.)

After the shock wore off, I was able to admit that Fall may be my season after all... I guess.

Anyway, tickets cost $10 and they can be purchased in the lobby of the Worship Center on Sunday mornings.

I'll talk about it again a little closer to time, but go ahead and get your tickets sooner than later!

Blog Linkage - I have a lot of Linkage today, so I hope you have some free time on your hands.

1. Go to eighteen25 under My Blog List and scroll down to Previous Posts. Click on the post entitled "It's About That Time" dated October 24. It has some really good Halloween party tips.

When you are finished reading that post, read today's post entitled "Link Up Party Features" dated October 27. They have tons of Halloween ideas. Anything from decorating to kids' costumes!

2. Go to www.kellehampton.com and scroll down to her post entitled "Buddy Up" dated October 22. She has a Down's baby, and this post talks about their journey so far with their precious little one.

3. Go to Nitty.Gritty. under My Blog List and read the post entitled "My Little Superman" dated October 25. If you have a little boy, you can totally relate!

4. Go to www.annieblogs.com and read the post entitled "Day 23 - Queen Esther" dated October 23. (I found this link on BooMama's blog.) If you have little ones, watch the VeggieTales movie and then talk about Queen Esther with your kiddos. Annie makes some excellent points and it would be a GREAT devotion.

5. Go to Nesting Place under My Blog List and click on Previous Posts. Read "Day 26: Wall Art" dated October 26. Love the wrapped shoe boxes on the wall. So easy, doable AND affordable.

6. Go to The Dating Divas under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "Frankly, My Dear..." dated October 26. I am so doing this for Mikie. Shhh. It is a surprise.

See what I mean? Get busy!

Cheap Out-to-Eat Dates (This Weekend Only)

Let's face it... Fall is a busy, busy time of year. Dating your kids and spouse one-on-one can be hard. Here are a couple of places you can go out-to-eat with one of your kids. It will not take up too much time during a busy weekend... and it will not cost a lot of money.

1. Go to al.com/halloween/ and scroll down until you find the Cici's Pizza promotion. Click on "Full Story" and you will be able to print a coupon good for a FREE Kids' Meal when your child wears a costume to Cici's Pizza this weekend.

It's good now through October 31 for kids 10 and under at participating locations WITH a printed coupon. See coupon for details.

2. IHOP also has a promotion this Friday, October 28. Kids 12 and under get a FREE scary face pancake. This offer is good from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Both of these ideas came from Birmingham Bargain Mom.

Take advantage of an hour or two of one-on-one time with one of your children, and enjoy pizza OR pancakes!

Have a fun Thursday. I'll be back in the morning with Weekend Happenings... and other stuff. If everything goes well, we're going to have a "family-oriented" weekend. I am thrilled, I tell you!

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter