Friday, October 28, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery Pics are of Roxie and Kelci. They were able to dress up a little early this Halloween because they had their End-of-the-Season Volleyball Party last night... and it was mandatory to wear a costume. No problem! Dorothy and The Flapper!

RANDOMNESS #1 - As promised, here are a few more Stocking Stuffer ideas from Pinterest:

11. Sharpie pens

12. Chapstick

13. Small crossword puzzle book

14. Body wash

15. Personalized M & M candy that say Merry Christmas

16. Clip on book reading lamp

17. Measuring spoons or cups

18. Scarf

19. Stickers

20. Deck of playing cards

I'll have more Monday!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I think I owe someone an apology. I made Pumpkin Crescent Rolls (covered in sugar and cinnamon) the other night, and they were AWFUL! Really, really not good.

I removed the recipe off my "board" on Pinterest they were so bad.

Last night, I used the second can of Crescent Rolls I had bought for that recipe for dinner. I kept smelling something Italian. I couldn't figure out what it was since we were having leftover beef stew and plain ol' Crescent Rolls.

At dinner, I took a bite of the roll. I had no idea they made GARLIC Crescent Rolls, but they do.

GARLIC Crescent Rolls are actually pretty good with a little butter and a meal. Not so good with pumpkin/cream cheese spread and rolled in sugar and cinnamon. YUCK!

I'm going to give the Pumpkin Crescent Rolls a second chance, because that's the kind of person I am.

RANDOMNESS #3 - I went to Body Pump last night. Every few weeks, they change things up a bit. You still work the same muscles... you just work them in a different way with different music.

Let me just say the Ab Workout over the last few weeks has been my absolute favorite. It's more like a stretching exercise (and I love stretching), but I'm able to actually do the whole Ab Workout "thing." (For some reason, ab workouts are the hardest thing for me. It may have something to do with NOT having abs, but I usually hate that part of the workout.)

Well, they changed it. And not only is it a hard Ab Workout, it is the WORST Ab Workout I've ever had to do at Body Pump.

I absolutely hate it. HATE IT!

Oh. And my abs aren't sore this morning, but my neck is killing me... which means I did it wrong... and I need drugs.

I am boycotting the Ab Workout until they change it back to the stretching "thing." Or until the instructor fusses at me in front of everyone in class... and then I'll do the workout.

But I won't be happy about it!

RANDOMNESS #4 - I left Mikie a little Halloween surprise on the closet door this morning. Bats and candy and a little note which said, "Frankly, my Dear... I'm batty for you." (An idea from The Dating Divas. See My Blog List.)

He was very pleased. I thought he might be, so I have three more little surprises for him between now and Halloween. He's a good guy. He deserves it!

Weekend Happenings

Okay! It's going to be a more unified weekend. It's going to be a more unified weekend. (If I say it enough, it WILL happen!)

Or maybe not.

Tonight is scattered. One Faulkner in Jacksonville getting ready for the game. One Faulkner going to a bonfire. Three Faulkners going to a high school football game. However, the Four Faulkners in the same town are going to eat Chicken Cheese Casserole together before we part. (New recipe.)

Saturday is a little up in the air. Josh may have to work, but if he gets off in time, he's going with the rest of us to tailgate in Jacksonville. Roxie's taking a friend and we're meeting the Lovely Melia and her family at the game. It should be fun. (That means I'll be cooking some today. I'm working on my menu as soon as I finish the blog!)

Okay. It's getting a little less scattered now.

After church Sunday, we're going to be "here and there" again. Mike and Josh have something to do, Roxie has some plans and I haven't talked to Austin yet.

However, Sunday night at some point we are all coming together to watch the Halloween episode of Psych! Everyone likes this show, and I made everyone PROMISE not to watch Wednesday night's episode. As far as I know, they kept their promise.

A Psych Halloween is about as scary as I want to go. I'm not a big scary movie person... at all. (I like to sleep uninterrupted by terrifying nightmares at night. I'm funny that way.)

Once again, we'll see how the plans work out. At least we'll all be spending some time outside in this beautiful fall weather.

I hope you have a fun-filled weekend. Whether it's football, Halloween festivities or just hanging with the family and/or friends, make some good memories.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter