Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Annual Fall Activites at Oak Mountain State Park

Good Wednesday morning!

The Gallery Pics are of Roxie's ever-changing room. She rearranged the furniture, and we hung the pictures AND "picture boards." I have a few more ideas up my sleeve, but it is getting there. Ever so slowly, it is getting there!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Josh has a friend at school who has a Basset Hound. The Basset Hound will soon be having puppies. The friend offered us a puppy.

I must talk to Mikie... right after I bake a Dutch Apple Crumb Pie!

RANDOMNESS #2 - The Beagles had the nerve to bring a dead rabbit carcass to me when I went on the deck yesterday. (I realize the words "dead" and "carcass" are a little redundant, but so are the words "gross" and "repugnant," and I'm probably going to use them in the same sentence in a few minutes.)

They wanted me to congratulate them and reward them for their barbaric behavior, but all I was able to do was get back in the house before they jumped up and touched me with the dead rabbit carcass. YUCK!

I guess that would have been a picture for the Gallery, but I do have my standards!

Wednesday Wisdom - My quote comes from Pinterest (SHOCK!) this morning. I hope you like it.

"To be in your children's memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today." Anonymous

Love it!

Annual Fall Activities at Oak Mountain State Park

I'm a big advocate of supporting our State Parks AND local fall festivals. (We went to the Fall Colorfest in Mentone last year. So fun.)

These are annual fall events at Oak Mountain. It is close by and you and your family could enjoy it each and every year!

Fall Festival at Oak Mountain State Park

On October 29, 2011, at the Dogwood and Lakeside Pavilions, enjoy the Oak Mountain Fall Festival. It is open from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.

They will have all kinds of activities including hayrides, face painting, moonwalk, cake hop, corn cob toss, bobbing for apples, dunking booth and a pumpkin carving contest. Bring your own pumpkin to carve.

Food and drinks will be available to purchase.

Regular park admission is charged. (The cost is $3 for adults, $1 for children ages 6 to 11 and children 5 and under are FREE.)

The activities cost $1 each. You must buy the tickets for the activities under the Dogwood Pavilion.

While you are in the Park, you might as well enjoy Owl-o-Ween, too! It is held on the same day and during the same time as the Fall Festival. There are children's activities, wildlife presentations and educational programs. There is no additional charge for visiting the Owl-o-Ween!

For more information, e-mail oakmountain.naturalist@dcnr.alabama.gov or call 205-620-2520.

Enjoy a Fall Festival... any Fall Festival! Make it an annual tradition!

Have a fantastic Wednesday. I have much to do... especially since I now have to bake a "Can I PLEASE Have a Basset Hound Puppy Dutch Apple Crumb Pie?" from scratch. That's right. Scratch! I may even pick my own apples to show Mikie I'm serious. Or maybe not.

I'll be back tomorrow with TONS of Blog Linkage and a fun Date for you and yours. Check back in if you have a chance.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. Feel free to leave any comments at mfaulkner1306@charter.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter