Monday, October 3, 2011

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

And welcome to Mindless Monday... where the pictures in the Gallery tell the story of the weekend. (And I write very little!)

RANDOMNESS - I know you are shocked. I have another list. And it has no rhyme or reason at all. Mindless Monday is aptly named, as my poor brain post-Homecoming Week is 50 year-old mush!

Highlights of the Past Weekend

1. "Roxie. What was your favorite part of Homecoming week?"

"The parade. I absolutely LOVED the parade. Oh! And the dodge ball game Monday night. That was so much fun. OH! The bonfire. I LOVED the bonfire! The MAKEOVER! The MAKEOVER with Kelci... except for the pink lipstick. I loved my dress... and hanging out with my friends at the game." Slight pause. "I would have to say I loved the whole week. I cannot wait until next year!"

To which I say, "They do this EVERY YEAR?" I will be a spry 53 years-old (OR DEAD) my last Homecoming Week. I'm thinking that may be too old.

2. My friend, Celeste, celebrated her 50th birthday at The Club Saturday at lunch. It was so fun, and I enjoyed spending time with her and her family and friends. It was a lovely, grown-up thing to do after the past week of glitter, glitter and more glitter!

3. Roxie and I sat on the front porch wrapped in flannel blankets with Grandmother Saturday evening as the sun went down. It was wonderful.

4. We had our first ever Fun Fall Ride Sunday afternoon, and although Josh had previous plans, Mike, Austin, Melia and I enjoyed it very much. Roxie was hilarious, but I don't know what her actual "enjoyment rating" would be. We're going again next Sunday after lunch to a different location.

5. Mikie and Josh had a wonderful time in South Carolina. Thankfully, Auburn WON, so it was a trip worth taking. Only five more SEC stadiums left to visit (and four years to accomplish this goal).

6. The Boy came home Saturday instead of Sunday since the Southerners didn't go to the out-of-state game. He played in an Exhibition Saturday night in Homewood, and he and Melia made a date out of it.

7. Mikie and I got to watch The Amazing Race with only 29 teenage interruptions. That was pretty good for us.

That's it in a neat little nutshell. The pics are below.

I'm hoping this week is MUCH MORE CALM, but with the last Volleyball Game tonight (and a cook-out at Faulkner Farms afterward), Tri-M induction for Josh, etc., etc., etc., things might get a little crazy again. All I know for certain... ABSOLUTELY NO GLITTER will be involved in this week's festivities.

Have a cool Monday. I'll be back in the morning with a surprisingly good Fall cookie recipe.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Tuesday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting and Glitter-Free Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter