Monday, October 24, 2011

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from Fun Fall Ride #3. That's right. We did it again! However, Mikie and I were the only ones who participated in Fun Fall Ride #3... and it was good. We enjoyed our time together very much.

Austin was in Kentucky with the Marching Southerners.

Josh went to help a lady with some landscaping before choir and his church class.

Roxie was exhausted and opted for a three-hour nap.

It was meant to be... and it was lovely.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Okay. I am enjoying ALL of the ideas on Pinterest. So much fun. However, I realize it will be a HUGE waste of time for me if I don't implement some of the great ideas. So far, I have "done" the following:

1. I made the Pumpkin Crescent Rolls, and we didn't like them. I took that Pin off my board, BUT I used the rest of the "batter," and added a little of this and that to make a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie which Mikie and Joshua LOVED. (So it wasn't a waste!)

2. I cleaned Roxie's shower with a pink grapefruit and salt. It worked! And it smelled wonderful.

3. I made Halloween gourds look like people by simply adding eyes. (See pictures below.) Roxie HATES them, but they're staying. Too cute.

I know. It isn't a lot, but this is what I've got on the books for this week:

1. I am making Pumpkin Muffins using only two ingredients as soon as I get off the blog this morning.

2. I am hanging three pictures in Roxie's room using a toothpaste trick I learned from Pinterest.

3. I am making Scarecrow Trail Mix next weekend for our tailgating party at JSU.

4. I am making Crockpot Lemon Chicken for dinner one night this week.

5. I am getting a basset hound puppy... and I'm naming him Earl... and Mikie doesn't know about this yet, so don't spill the beans!

6. Oh. And I may book a quick overnight trip to Ireland... because the pictures I'm seeing on Pinterest are incredible... and I think I need to see it for myself. Also, Mikie doesn't know about this yet, so don't spill the beans... again!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Our weekend was kind of crazy. But only "kind of." If you don't mind, I'm going to do the "list thing" once again. (It's either that, or 25 rambling paragraphs. I know WE don't have time for that!)

1. Austin went to Kentucky with the Marching Southerners for the weekend. He left on a bus midnight, Friday, October 21. Or is it midnight, Saturday, October 22? Either way, he got on a bus.

We received a text at 3:30 a.m. Saturday morning.

"I am sick. I threw up at 9:30 Friday night, and I just threw up again."

Of course, we were sleeping so heavily, we didn't get the text until 6:00 a.m. Saturday morning... when Mikie and Josh got up to get ready to go to Mississippi for the weekend.

I started calling.

"Are you okay?" I asked in my Extremely Worried Mother Voice.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Because you are throwing up on a bus going to Kentucky."

"Oh. Yeah. Well, I just throw up after I eat. I don't feel bad or anything."

"What did you eat at 3:30 this morning?"

"Two homemade coconut pies in those little tins at the gas station and an energy drink."

All right. That explains the 3:30 a.m. illness... but not the 9:30 p.m. illness the night before.

To end this long, long story, Austin was sick all weekend, but only after he ate. No fever. No aches. No pains. He didn't feel bad the rest of the time. We offered to come get him, but he stayed for the game, the Exhibition after the game and came home last night declaring it a "good trip."

He's going to the doctor this morning.

And he's never going to drink another energy drink... or eat another homemade coconut gas station pie.

Just saying.

2. Mike and Josh enjoyed Mississippi. Mikie watched the Auburn and Alabama game in the comfort of his hotel room. (This was a much-needed rest after a meeting/activity-filled Washington trip earlier in the week.)

Josh met up with his friend after the Mississippi College Homecoming Parade, watched the game, ate at the Cafe, walked around the quad, watched the Alabama game and joined Mike about 11:30 Saturday night.

They both declared it a good trip.

3. Roxie and I stayed home. After I couldn't persuade her to go to Clinton, Mississippi with Mike and Josh and change her original plans (a haunted house with friends), we did things around the house until it was time for her to leave. The plan was for one parent to drop her and her friends off at the haunted house... and I would do some shopping in the area and pick them up when they were done.

Of course, this was the plan for everyone else in the State of Alabama. They waited in line for FIVE hours and then went through the haunted house.

Roxie enjoyed it very much, but we have definitely tweaked next year's trip. Definitely.

She and her friends fell asleep on the way home, but they revved up again after Dr. Pepper and Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

I did NOT rev up again. I headed to bed.

3. With Austin still sick in Kentucky, Roxie exhausted and coughing, Josh doing a little landscaping, etc., etc., Mikie and I decided to take Fun Fall Ride #3 ALONE.

I took him to the new campsite I told you about last week, and he liked it! I'm planning a November weekend camping trip as we speak... only 15 minutes from the house! Yes!

And that's it. I'm sorry. I did the "list thing" AND 25 rambling paragraphs. Consider it a "twofer."

Have a great Monday. Tomorrow's post will show up late afternoon. I have some things to take care of in the morning. Check after 3:00 p.m. if you get a chance.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow afternoon!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. Feel free to leave comments at mfaulkner1306@charter.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter