Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

Good Tuesday afternoon!

The Gallery Pics are from a Pinterest project I tried yesterday. There are a few more details below.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Okay. As my Pinterest boards grow, so do my "domestic goddess" skills. I'm hanging pictures in Roxie's room tonight using a Pinterest "toothpaste" trick. Wish me luck.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Someone "let the dog out," and Mikie nixed my baby Basset Hound named Earl. I am beyond sad.

RANDOMNESS #3 - No surprise here. I'm also not going to Ireland for a little jaunt. Something about passports, money, Christmas right around the corner... yada, yada, yada!

Mikie's really putting a damper on my Pinterest hobby.

RANDOMNESS #4 - I met a little guy at Starbucks today named Banks. (I know. He's either going to be an attorney or a butler with a name like Banks. I'm thinking attorney.) Cutest kid ever. Of course, I'm ever-so partial to the four and under crowd, but he was a doll.

"Are you drinking coffee?" he asked.

"Yes. I am," I replied, showing him my cup and settling down in a Starbucks overstuffed chair.

"I've just got milk," he said.

"Well, milk is good. Especially chocolate milk."

"Yeah. It is," he admitted, but he kept eyeing my coffee.

"How old are you?" I asked. He talked like a three or four year-old, but he was the size of a two year-old.

"I'm two," he confirmed.

"I bet you're almost three, aren't you?"

"I will be three June 4. My Mommy's birthday is June 4, too!"

"So you were a special birthday present, weren't you?" I asked.

He thought this was an extremely witty thing for me to say, and he threw back his head and laughed and laughed.

He then continued to talk to me and told me he was wearing his working boots, he was going to see an airplane and his Dad's birthday was April 28.

His proud Dad and I talked about his amazing verbal skills, and we both agreed he was a special little man... at which point he told his Dad, "I'm going to sit with her in the chair."

I would have been honored to share a chair with this little guy, but Dad was trying to teach him not to become too attached to strangers, and he didn't know of my obsession with all things toddler. It would not have ended well, I fear, so Banks sat with his Dad and talked and talked and talked some more.

It was one of the best 15 minutes of my day, and this little guy will never even know it.

Oh. And he wants a big truck for Christmas. He kind of whispered that little tidbit of info to me before he left, but I made sure Dad knew about the request. It would be a shame for Banks not to have at least a dozen big trucks under his Christmas tree.

I wish I had asked him for his address (and I'm sure he knew the whole thing, including the zipcode). I would have loved to deliver a couple of them myself... but that might have been overstepping the "nice stranger lady" boundaries.

Yeah. I think that might have taken it too far.

Pumpkin Muffins

I know. I know. More pumpkin stuff. But you're going to like this one. Really. You are. You could send your four year-old into the kitchen to bake these muffins. I am not exaggerating.

Thanks to Pinterest, behold... the two ingredient Pumpkin Muffin Recipe!

You will need the following:

1 yellow cake mix
1 can of pumpkin

1. Mix cake mix and pumpkin thoroughly.

2. Put batter in muffin tins.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.

Uh, excuse me. That is ALL!

They are very tasty and pretty. Pinterest suggested using powdered sugar OR cream cheese icing on the top. Both of those suggestions are excellent.

I'll be back tomorrow with Wednesday Wisdom, a Seasonal Tradition, Randomness and a couple of pics, I think.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. Feel free to leave comments at my e-mail address: mfaulkner1306@charter.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter