Thursday, October 13, 2011

Guided Hike Date

Good Thursday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from our trip to Cullman this morning. Roxie went to the Cullman County Courthouse to get her Driver's Permit... and she did it! Be still my heart!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Top Ten Things I Love About Whole Foods Market (Fall Edition) - My friend, Julie, and I went to Whole Foods Market yesterday. I love this place, and I plan on going at least once every season... maybe twice in the Fall. And the following Top Ten list will explain my current love affair with a grocery store!

10. We had meat samples. Did you know there are dozens of different kinds of salami? I discovered I like salami. I like it very much.

9. The $15 Meal Deal was excellent yesterday. For only $15, I bought herb-roasted chickens, roasted red potatoes and green beans for four! Oh. and a big garden salad with dressing... for four! Perfect!

8. I almost bought an orange from South Africa, but I refrained.

7. I almost bought a Horned Melon from Costa Rica, but it stuck me when I picked it up, and I don't usually buy fruit that can injure me.

6. I turned a knob at the Fresh Peanut Butter Station, and freshly squeezed/ground/smashed peanut butter came out of the nozzle... similar to the yogurt at Yogurt Mountain. It is divine.

5. I bought a mini-dessert tray for the family with tiny pumpkin tarts, pecan tarts and cheesecake fruit tarts.

4. They had a sample bowl full of green Frankenstein cookie fingers (dipped in chocolate with almond fingernails). I almost ate a whole hand's worth of fingers!

3. I tasted Pumpkin Spice Gelato and it was very, very good. (Not as good as the Peanut Butter and Jelly Gelato I had last time, but still wonderful.)

2. I bought just enough Organic Roasted Chicken Salad with Grapes and Cranberries for my lunch today... and I am happily waiting until 11:30 a.m. to make my sandwich!

1. They have a GIANT pumpkin on display for only $69.99. It called my name as I walked by, not once, but three times. But I knew Mikie would not understand spending $69.99 for a GIANT orange pumpkin... no matter how happy it made me. So I named it Herman, and I plan to visit him again very soon.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Roxie now has the State of Alabama's permission to drive a motorized vehicle with an adult present. (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.)

We had a fun trip to Cullman, but it was definitely more relaxed and happy on the way home. Good memories!

RANDOMNESS #3 - The Importance of GNO - I found an article about Fellowship, and I liked several of the writer's observations.

"Is it important for believers to gather together regularly? Absolutely! Hebrews 10:25 tells us that we should never get out of the habit of gathering together with other followers of Christ. Why? So we can encourage each other as the days pass waiting for Jesus to return. 'And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near.'

"What does this 'meeting together' look like? I would say for most Christians they naturally assume this is referring to the weekly Sunday morning assembly at a church building where a preacher preaches and where songs are sung to God. But is this really what the Hebrew writer was talking about?

"The Hebrew writer was saying that it is incredibly important for Christians not to live in isolation. We need one another. We are a 'body.'"

The Enchanting Belinda says... Yes, there is definitely fellowship on Sundays and Wednesday nights at church. Definitely. However, in this busy, busy world, taking the time to fellowship with other women (in all seasons of life) can be refreshing, rewarding and uplifting.

In other words, time well-spent!

Blog Linkage - I have a "purposeful" post, a "yummy" post and an "inventive" post to share with you today.

1. Go to www.andersonfamilycrew.blogspot.com and scroll down to the post entitled "Time With the Kids" dated October 10. This chick has five little ones (one of which was recently adopted) and a baby on the way. Her "date" chart is brilliant.

2. Go to www.cookiesandcups.com and scroll down to the post entitled "Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate" dated October 10. I know. I know. The combination of something fall with something winter is almost too good to be true.

3. Go to Nesting Place under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "Day 11 - Sticker Wallpaper" dated October 11. For all of the scrapbookers out there, this is an unbelievably clever way of using those extra stickers which have been in your collection for years and years and years.

Enjoy!

Guided Hike Date

If you have three kids, then you can plan three fun, outdoor dates. Check out the following Guided Hiking Information from Lake Guntersville!

Guided Nature Hikes Saturdays at Lake Guntersville (October 13 through December 30, 2011) - At 9:00 a.m. each Saturday, enjoy guided nature hikes with the Park's Naturalist each Saturday morning (weather permitting). These hikes follow along some of the most scenic countryside in the state! There are 31 miles of nature trails which lead to forested streams, hidden waterfalls, historic structures such as old home places and cemeteries, along the banks of the pristine Guntersville Reservoir teaming with waterfowl. Not to mention the dozens of deer and other wildlife that roam the 6,000-acre park.

Information about our trails can be found on this website... http://www.alapark.com/LakeGuntersville/Trails/Lake Guntersville State Park. You can also e-mail patti.donnellan@dcnr.alabama.gov or call 256-571-5445.

When you finish your hike, take your date to the top of the mountain and enjoy a great meal at the Lodge.

Weekend Buffets at Lake Guntersville State Park (October 13, 2011 through December 30, 2011) - Join us each weekend for delightful buffets and fantastic views! The Pinecrest Dining Room is open all three meals every day of the year. We kick each weekend off with our Friday night all-you-can-eat seafood buffet and culminate throughout the weekend into our popular Sunday Brunch. Make plans and enjoy great food and fellowship in this paradise of nature. Call 256-571-5440 for more information.

Oh. And be sure to take your camera. You are going to have some fantastic photo ops on this date!

Have an autumnal Thursday. It feels marvelous outside. I should know. I've been out there! I'll be back tomorrow morning with Weekend Happenings, Randomness AND pics.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Friday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter