Friday, April 13, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery pic is self-explanatory... if you read yesterday's post. And that's all I'm going to say about that!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I feel like I should be going warp speed today, but my mind and body are methodically and slowly performing one task at a time.

That's all fine and good for a regular, old Wednesday, but today is Uber-Friday and my list is two miles long, and it's 10:18 in the morning, and I'm not even the least bit nervous.

"Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10 (I need to start the "do it with all your might" part soon. Very, very soon.)

I'll be nervous tonight... and even more so tomorrow before the W.I.L.D. Woman Tablescapes.

Nervous, but prepared. Which is a totally different thing than "nervous, but unprepared."

Totally, totally different.

I've been practicing my talk at home, in the shower AND any and every time I get into the Big Gold Van by myself. Many people have seen me talking to myself, moving my hands up and down, pointing, etc. while driving.

No. I am not crazy. Well, I'm a little bit crazy, but that's another story for another day.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I went to the drug store after the grocery store this morning to pick up one little thing.

On the way out, I noticed an Easter shelf with all kinds of Easter goodies for 50 percent off. Guess what caught my eye?

I'm going to go ahead and tell you, because I don't think you'll ever guess, and I've got a lot to do today.

A dinosaur head-shaped box filled with a dozen plastic dinosaur-shaped eggs to hide next year for dinosaur-lovin' little boys. Of which I have none. But I still held that dinosaur head-shaped box for a full seven minutes thinking how cool it was and how a little grandson would probably like hunting dinosaur eggs some time in the next ten years or so.

And then I heard Mikie's voice in my head. "Walk away from the Easter shelf! If you buy the dinosaur head-shaped box filled with plastic dinosaur-shaped eggs, you will ensure our fate of having only granddaughters... no grandsons. Those eggs will never be used. Again, I repeat! WALK AWAY FROM THE EASTER SHELF!"

And so I did. (And now I'm a little sad.)

RANDOMNESS #3 - Another day has gone by without The Pioneer Woman mentioning our life-changing meeting ten days ago.

I'm beginning to think it may have meant more to me than her. Hmmm. Could that even be possible?

Weekend Happenings

Such good weekend plans.

Friday - Austin will be working at the Chick. Josh and Roxie will be with friends. I will be practicing, practicing, practicing my talk. Mikie is on his own! (Unless he wants to take me out to dinner, and then I'll rearrange my busy, busy schedule.)

Saturday - Austin will be working at the Chick. Josh will be attending a school event in the morning and fishing with Mikie all afternoon. Roxie will be with friends. I will be attending the W.I.L.D. Woman Tablescapes in the morning and shopping for a baby gift in the afternoon.

Sunday - Austin will NOT be working at the Chick! We'll go to church. We'll have a nice lunch. Everyone will be on their own! I'll be attending a baby tea (so much fun), and then Melia and Austin are going to let me photograph them while they are on their Thrift Store Date. (How sweet are they to let me tag along? Don't worry. I'm buying them Star Bucks afterward.)

And that's it. Whirlwind... but fun.

I hope you have a fun "whirlwind" kind of weekend, too. I'll be back next week with tons of pics and stories galore... even if I have to "borrow" them from someone else's life.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting and Not the Least Bit Nervous Belinda

P.S. I'll have an update on The Boy coming up Monday. Radio stuff, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter