Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Date Your Mate Month

Good Wednesday morning!

DON'T FORGET! DON'T FORGET! DON'T FORGET! - You can leave a Comment now!

1. Type your comment below.

2. Click on "Reply As," and then click on "Anonymous."

3. All you have to do now, is click on "Publish," and you're done!

4. The blog will now accept your comment! (Remember to type your name. "Anonymous" really and truly means anonymous.)

RANDOMNESS #1 - Yesterday, I again had the inexplicable longing to travel to Railroad Park and take pictures of Roxie. It wasn't as strong as Monday's longing, but I think that was because I was prepared for the upcoming rejection. And I'm glad I was prepared, because rejection is what I received... again.

Roxie decided to go running with Josh, which was a good brother/sister bonding activity, so I really couldn't say anything negative (out loud).

However, because I had been disappointed TWO days in a row, I did ask/whine/grovel for a couple of pics before she left for school this morning wearing her new, cute shirt, capris and flats. One day before I turn 60, I want to leave the house looking like this... only taller with shorter hair and (I'll just go ahead and say it) NOT wearing size 2 capris. One day!





Oh, yeah. I'm going to look JUST like this one day before I turn 60. NOT!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I made yesterday's featured recipe (Slow Cooker Cake Mix Apple Cobbler) last night for dessert. Josh loved it and Mikie liked it... a lot. It is easy, delicious and it takes exactly 3 minutes to prepare! (Be sure to remember it takes 4 hours to cook. I don't want you to think you can have company for dinner at 7:00 p.m. and sit down and eat this dessert at 7:30 p.m. Nope. It ain't gonna happen.)

It is a VERY sweet dessert, and it does need a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. Believe it or not, the ice cream will cut some of the sweet taste. I know some people eat a slice of cheese with their apple pie, so if you are one of those, you could try that. Personally, I believe cheese belongs in cheesecake ONLY when you're talking about desserts, but as I've mentioned before, I don't know everything. (I have mentioned that before, haven't I?")

RANDOMNESS #3 - I am loving several of the "new-to-me" features of the new blog server. I LOVE having pictures in the middle of the blog. I LOVE having an accessible Comment Section once again. However, I am having trouble figuring out posting for 50 is Nifty, my picture-of-the-day blog.

I haven't given up, but it is taking me a little longer to figure things out than the normal bloggers who have the correct number of brain cells still floating around in their heads.

Be patient!

RANDOMNESS #4 - The Dating Divas have officially accepted my Thrift Store/Antique Store Date idea AND now have the photos to accompany the date when they post it sometime in the future.

I have no idea when the "future" is exactly, and if you've known me two minutes, you know it is killing me to wait and wonder.

But that is exactly what I'm doing. I'm being patient (see RANDOMNESS #3)... AGAIN!

RANDOMNESS #5 - I've decided Mike will now and forevermore be referred to as "Mikie," and Austin is officially "The Boy." Josh and Roxie NEED official nicknames.

From now until the end of time (or until he marries), Josh will be referred to as "My Josh." It was between that and "The Other Boy," and I thought "The Other Boy" might offend.

Roxie will hereafter be referred to as "The Chick." It fits her, and other than me ("The Enchanting Belinda") and Sparkle ("Beagle Extraordinaire"), she has been the only chick around here without a nickname.

I know they've been feeling left out. I can't wait to tell them when they come home from school today!

RANDOMNESS #6 - I met MJ (My Josh) and his sweet prom date at the tux rental place yesterday. My main job was to supply the deposit money for said tux. Can I just say, they are going to look SO good next weekend?

And that is my totally unbiased opinion.

RANDOMNESS #7 - I Can't Wait - From 21 to 30 Years - Ahhh. The "I Can't Wait" list grows and grows. Instead of being "happy in the moment" during my next decade of life, believe it or not the "I Can't Waits" intensified.

"I can't wait until I fall in love." (This one carried over from the previous decade.)



"I can't wait until I get married."

"I can't wait until I have children."



The Boy was the first "I Can't Wait" child to be born during this particular decade.

"I can't wait until I have a career."

"I can't wait until I have an apartment of my own."

"I can't wait until I have a house of my own."

Again, you must add all of the "I Can't Waits" from the first two decades to this ever-growing list.

In all honesty, the above list is a big time consumer. Everything I wished for during this decade took a lot of thought and energy because not only could I not wait for those things to happen, I imagined them in my mind thousands... nay, millions of times before some of them became a reality.

With all of the things on my three-decade long "I Can't Wait" list to wish for and dream about, it's a wonder I was able to get out of bed in the morning to accomplish anything.

Will I ever learn?

Well, it took another decade (and a half), but I finally got there.

Tune in tomorrow for the "31 to 40 Years" list. (I'm only 50, so it HAS to end by this Friday. I promise.)

Wednesday Wisdom - It's Spring, and I'm seeing more and more little ones out and about. Toddlers and babies are everywhere, I tell you! Here are just a few kid quotes I enjoyed this morning.

"A two year-old is kind of like having a blender, but you don't have a top for it." Jerry Seinfeld

"Never have more children than you have car windows." Erma Bombeck

"No matter how calmly you try to referee, parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I'm not talking about the kids. Their behavior is always normal." Bill Cosby

Ain't it the truth?

Date Your Mate Month

Did you know MAY is National Date Your Mate Month? Did you? What a great seasonal tradition to celebrate.

Each and every May (from now on), plan not one, not two, but multiple dates during the month. In fact, see how many dates you and your mate can take!

Let your children see you date. Let your children help plan the dates. Let your children know just how much you love their Dad.

Set some rules.

1. Both the husband AND wife have to plan the dates.

2. Be flexible. A date doesn't have to last for hours. It can be as simple as drinking coffee on the deck while the kids watch a movie in the house, or watching a movie and eating popcorn after you put the kids to bed.

3. A date is real quality one-on-one time with your mate. It is NOT sitting in a fog watching the 10:00 o'clock news before brushing your teeth and going to bed. No, it is not!

4. Keep up with how many dates you can squeeze into May, 2012. Next year, try to maintain (or even beat) your previous record.

Since Thursday is Date Day on A Simple Life, I'll have a list of some NEW and DIFFERENT dates for you and yours to try the month of May.

Happy Dating!

Have a wonderful Wednesday. I'll be getting MJ (My Josh) ready for his trip to Orlando for the weekend. He is going with the choir for a competition, but they're spending the rest of the weekend at Universal Studios. (He's going to see Hogwarts without me, and I'm a little/lot bitter.)

I'll be back tomorrow with Blog Linkage and a ton of new dates.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter