Monday, April 16, 2012

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

Wow! What an eclectic weekend it has been.

Friday Night - There were numerous teenagers all over the house. I made a box mix yellow cake (added homemade chocolate icing) and giant pancakes for breakfast the next morning. And I practiced my "talk" for Saturday morning's W.I.L.D. Woman Tablescapes sitting in the Big Gold Van while my house rocked! And I LOVED it! (The kids... not sitting in the Big Gold Van talking to myself.)

Saturday Morning - I picked up my friend, Julie, and she gave me directions to Oak Grove Baptist Church. I would have been lost 100 times if it had not been for her vast knowledge of that area. (I'm not kidding.)

The Tablescapes event was absolutely beautiful. The ladies decorated their tables using Bible verses for their theme, and they really outdid themselves. (Pictures below!)

I was seated at the W.I.L.D. Woman Table. It was a very good table. Not only was there cheetah print, but there were giant Hershey Chocolate Bars at every single place setting (tied with zebra ribbon). Even if I hadn't been assigned to this table, it would have called my name.

It was a sweet time with many warm, welcoming, kind-hearted sisters in Christ. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them Saturday morning.

Austin worked at the Chick all day.

Josh had a study session at UAB all morning.

At Faulkner Farms (circa 1842), Mikie held down the fort during the morning hours, straightened up after our guests left and was waiting to go fishing with Josh when I pulled into the driveway.

Saturday Evening - Roxie visited some friends. Austin and Melia went to the drive-in with Melia's family. Mike and Josh went fishing... and actually caught fish. (Pictures below!)

And I cooked Sunday lunch for the next day... and took a nap. Yes, I did!

Sunday Morning - We went to church. We had lunch. And then it got a little busy!

I rode with my friend, Cam, to attend a Baby Tea of a mutual friend. Oh... The baby goodness would take your breath away.

Did you know they now make specific nose wipes for babies and toddlers called Boogie Wipes? Just for boogies! How cool is that?

Of course, if those had been around when I was a new mother, I probably would have used them for make-up remover wipes, perspiration wipes and spot-remover wipes, too. The "Boogie" wouldn't have stopped me from trying to make them multi-dimensional wipes. But that's just me.

Sunday Afternoon - I met Austin and Melia at the Antique Mall in our fair city to take pictures of a "Thrift Store Date." The Dating Divas are going to feature this date on their blog some time in the future, and I needed some "how-to" pictures. (I'll let you know when and if they post the date!)

I have no idea what Mikie, Josh and Roxie did Sunday Afternoon. I absolutely lost track of more than half my family.

However, in my defense, they are 50, 18 and 15, respectively. It is not the same thing as walking out the door and leaving a 1, 2 and 3 year-old at home alone.

Or is it?

There are many important "things" happening the next few weeks. Prom! Volleyball and Basketball Tryouts! Mother's Day! Graduation! Austin coming home for the summer!

Let us all take a deep breath and hold on, shall we? Things are about to get a little hectic... which is the exact opposite of simple!

Have a great Monday. (I'm making the Slow Cooker Bacon and Cheese Potatoes tonight. I'll let you know how they turn out!) I'll be back tomorrow with a new recipe, Randomness and pics.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter