Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Book Shower

Good Wednesday morning!

I added a pic to the Gallery. I may walk outside today and put hats on the beagles for some new photos, but since today is a walking AND Body Pump day, I'm guessing that might not happen.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Roxie and I did not care for Dance Moms - Miami. I think the moms in Miami are trying too hard to be as crazy as the moms in Pittsburgh (or wherever Abby Lee lives), and they just can't pull it off.

We've decided to wait until the REAL Dance Moms starts again this Summer, and not waste our precious time watching the Miami version.

(It is kind of like watching the OTHER NCIS. Without Mark Harmon, it really isn't worth the effort!)

RANDOMNESS #2 - I found this quote in one of my Becky Freeman books, so I thought I'd share today. It is about SLOWING DOWN!

"The best things in life move slowly. They can hardly overtake one who is in a hurry. We are making haste to ill purpose if we 'haven't time' to read good books, to think quietly, to visit our friend, to comfort the sick and sorrowing, to enjoy the beautiful creations of God and man, and to lend a hand to a struggling brother. Time is precious, but more precious than fleeting hours are truth, love, benevolence, friendship, service a serene mind and a happy heart, for these are the essence of life itself." Taken from Serenity Is...

Wednesday Wisdom - When I Googled "Quotes About Raising Teens," I was rewarded with several "Parents of Teenagers Support Group" sites. (I'll let you know what I find out!)

"Children are a great comfort in old age... and they help you reach it much faster, too!" Lionel M Kaufman

"Kids can be a pain in the neck when they're not a lump in your throat." Barbara Johnson

"If you want to recapture your youth, just cut off his allowance." Al Bernstein

"Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth." Erma Bombeck (And all the Moms I know said, "AMEN!")

"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years." Author Unknown (True, true, true.)

A Book Shower

I found this website on Pinterest, and I would like for you to go there immediately (www.aestheticnest.com). We are not going to wait until Thursday's Blog Linkage. No, sir. We are not!

Look on the sidebar and click on "Party: Golden Books Shower."

Soak in all the baby shower goodness.

Doesn't this mom have some great ideas for a great party?

All I'm going to add to this are a few variations that come to mind...

VARIATION #1 - Dr. Seuss Book Shower

VARIATION #2 - Family, Toddler, Child and Teen Devotion Book Shower

VARIATION #3 - Disney Book and DVD Shower

VARIATION #4 - My Favorite Childhood Book Shower

I think of this as a small "friend" gathering, and not the big Baby Tea Celebration for the first child.

Helping create a Book Basket for a friend's new baby would be a most wonderful gift!

Have a glorious Wednesday. I'll be back tomorrow with Blog Linkage, a Date, pictures of beagles wearing dresses and more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter