Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Slow Cooker Cake Mix Apple Cobbler from The Six Sisters

Good Tuesday morning!

ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! - You can leave Comments in my Comment Section! It's been a while since this feature was unexpectedly taken away from me (and you)... but it's back, Baby!

1. Click on "Comments" at the bottom of the post.

2. Type your comment in the provided box.

3. When you are finished, click on "Select Profile." You'll have a list of things to choose from, but if you click on "Anonymous," the blog will accept your comment. No questions asked!

4. After you click on "Anonymous," just click on "Publish."

It's a small miracle, I tell you!

ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT! ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT! ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT! - Guess what? I've been trying to put pictures "within" my blog posts for almost four years, and NOW I can do it! So exciting!

From now on, all pics will be IN the blog post and there will probably not be many at the bottom. I don't know about you, but I love to look at pictures AS I am reading. It must be the "preschool mom" in me. Books are always so much better when there is a picture on the page. I believe the same is true of blogs.

The Gallery is gone, so as I ramble, I will insert appropriate pictures.

RANDOMNESS #1 - For some reason, I wanted desperately to go to Railroad Park late yesterday afternoon and take pictures of Roxie. It was just a glorious, cool, blue-sky Spring day, and I wanted to go somewhere different and have fun with the chick and my camera. Since Roxie had no homework, I thought it would be perfect.

Wrong.

Roxie may not have had any homework, but she did have Athletics at the end of the day, and my poor girl came home SO tired. (Kind of like me after Body Pump.)

I then tried calling Mikie to see if he would meet me at the Park before coming all the way home. He was wearing a light blue shirt yesterday, and his eyes POP in pictures when he wears light blue shirts.

His phone was dead, so he didn't get my messages and he came straight home. And then it was too late to go to Railroad Park. So I went to the deck and photographed my un-photogenic beagles. I took 128 pictures. Three made it to the blog.



Whenever I give a toy to the beagles, Copper IMMEDIATELY buries the toy. Immediately. He doesn't play with it. He doesn't let Sparkle play with it. A toy's sole purpose in life is to be buried. So imagine my delight when I walked outside to discover he had un-buried one of his 825 tennis balls. And he obviously wanted me to throw it for him to fetch.

Or, maybe not. After I took this one picture, he ran past me and buried it.



While Copper runs to and fro in front of me at 90 miles per hour, Sparkle waits quietly until he falls over from exhaustion. She then walks (not runs) to me for uninterrupted petting, belly scratching and baby talk.



After a few minutes of rest, Copper decides to play his second favorite game... Hunter. He crouches low and, making sure he has complete and total eye contact, he stalks his prey (me). And he is ALWAYS surprised when he doesn't "catch" me.

RANDOMNESS #2 - In other news, I hope to go to Railroad Park late this evening to take pictures of some of the humans in my family. Wish me luck.

RANDOMNESS #3 - I CAN'T WAIT - From 11 to 20 Years - The topic of the week (I Can't Wait) continues on A Simple Life. My list of things I couldn't wait for grew during this decade. A lot.

"I can't wait until I'm 13, and I'll be a teenager."

"I can't wait until I'm 15, and I'll be able to get my learner's permit."

"I can't wait until I'm 16, and I'll be able to DATE, DRIVE and the world will be a much better place."

"I can't wait until I am in high school."

"I can't wait until I graduate high school."

"I can't wait until I go to college."

"I can't wait until I graduate from college."

The following "I Can't Wait" moments carried over into the next decade. However, they were all worth the wait!

"I can't wait until I fall in love."



"I can't wait until I get married."

"I can't wait until I have kids."

Now, add all of the "I Can't Waits" from yesterday's list, and you've got a young lady missing special moments right and left because she was WAY too busy looking into the future. Sad, but true.

I wish I could say tomorrow's list is shorter, but it is not. In fact, it is much, much longer. Bear with me. There's a point to these little random thoughts. I promise!

Slow Cooker Cake Mix Apple Cobbler

I know I've mentioned this before, but you simply MUST go to Six Sisters' Stuff on my sidebar SEVERAL times a day. With six different sisters posting wonderful recipes and ideas ALL the time, you might miss something great if you skip a day... or half a day... or 15 minutes.

You will need the following:

1 yellow cake mix
1 20 ounce can of apple pie filling
6 tablespoons melted butter

1. Dump can of apple pie filling into bottom of slow cooker.

2. Spread yellow cake mix over apple pie filling.

3. Spoon butter onto cake mix. DO NOT MIX cake mix and butter.

4. Cook on high for 4 hours.

5. Serve immediately with ice cream.

I don't know about you, but this simple recipe uses TWO of my favorite things... a slow cooker and a cake mix! You can't beat that.

Y'all have a pleasant Tuesday. It is a beautiful day in Alabama! I'll be back tomorrow with a Seasonal Tradition, Randomness, more "I Can't Wait" (the 21 to 30 decade), pics and more, more, more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

2 comments:

  1. I've missed this feature too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I really am anonymous!!! Hahaha! I forgot to sign my name. Tonya

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter