Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Lasagna

Good Tuesday morning!

The Gallery Pics are a little miscellaneous this morning. See for yourself.

RANDOMNESS #1 - I "kinda" made the Bacon Cheese Potatoes last night. I "kinda" didn't cook them in a slow cooker, but I layered bacon, THINLY sliced red potatoes and cheese (twice) in a casserole dish, and baked it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. And guess what? No leftovers!

I still intend to try the crock pot "thing," but this worked for me yesterday... and it was good.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Saturday morning, I spoke about "intentional" living. Specifically, Women Intentionally Living Daily for Christ.

I was VERY careful to point out I fail at "intentional living" a lot. A LOT! I even (painfully) admitted the following:

I am NOT a perfect wife.

I am NOT a perfect mother.

I am NOT a perfect housekeeper.

I am NOT a perfect cook.

I NEVER turn library books in on time.

I NEVER turn movies in on time.

I ALWAYS miss at least the first song (usually more) of every church service.

I am a flawed individual.

But I LOVE how God loves and uses flawed individuals... because no one is perfect. Even The Enchanting Belinda. ESPECIALLY The Enchanting Belinda!

But I am a STRIVER.

I strive to live intentionally each day for Christ... and some days are simply better than others. But at night, when I put head to pillow, I can rest knowing I can ask for forgiveness for the things I've done wrong, and I can wake up the next morning knowing, "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23.

I need that. I need new mercies EVERY single morning... and I have a feeling I'm not alone.

It's 8:15 a.m. as I type this on a Tuesday morning, and I want to live intentionally for Christ today.

So far, so good!

We'll see how the rest of the day goes.

Cheesy Chicken Lasagna

This recipe was given to me yesterday by my friend, Dee. I'm ALWAYS looking for one more way to cook chicken... and this week, Cheesy Chicken Lasagna fits the bill!

2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk (NOT fat-free)
1 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch dressing mix
3 cups cubed, cooked, chicken
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles, cooked (Dee recommends reducing it to 8 or 12 ounces.)
1 1/2 to 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 1/2 to 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese

1. Cook the chicken and noodles at the same time. Once noodles are done, rinse in cold water and set aside. (This keeps them from sticking together.)

2. Combine evaporated milk and Ranch dressing in a 3-quart heavy saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently until dry ingredients are dissolved.

3. Stir in chicken and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, exactly 25 minutes, stirring frequently.

4. Layer half of lasagna noodles, poultry sauce and cheese in a greased 9" × 13" pan.

5. Repeat layers again.

6. Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes (or until hot and bubbly). Cool 10 minutes before serving.

Is there such a thing as "too many" chicken recipes?

I think not!

Have a fun Tuesday. I'll be back tomorrow with Wednesday Wisdom, a fun party, Randomness, pics and more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter