Monday, April 9, 2012

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

I have enough Easter pictures to last THREE days on A Simple Life... and that makes me HAPPY!

The original purpose of Mindless Monday was to have an extremely SHORT post (word-wise), but tons of pictures. In recent weeks, I have forgotten that "promise." I think you're going to be pleased with today's SHORT post!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I have big news to share in a few days. Well, big for me. Not so much for you. But I know you'll be interested. Actually, not so much interested because you have your own lives, but I'll share anyway... because that's how I roll.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I'll be sharing this year's Easter Game with you Wednesday when I post the pics. It wasn't anything too elaborate, but it was fun.

RANDOMNESS #3 - I had planned on "doing" three Pinterest projects/recipes for Easter this year. THREE!

As it turned out, I only completed two... before Easter.

I made deviled eggs for one of the dishes I took to Grandmother's for Easter lunch. I BAKED the eggs in muffin tins in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. (You don't have to boil eggs any longer!) And it works. It really, really works! That was Pinterest Project Number 1.

I peeled and sliced the eggs in half. I removed the yolks and then dropped the white halves into three different cups containing water and blue food coloring, green food coloring and yellow food coloring. I let the whites soak for 30 minutes.

I then mixed the yolks with mayo, dill pickle juice, salt and pepper before scooping the mixture into a Ziploc bag and cutting a little hole in the corner. I piped the egg mixture into the BEAUTIFULLY colored halves for a festive and delicious Easter Deviled Egg! That was Pinterest Project Number 2.

We're having the Peep S'mores tonight for dessert. I'm baking a graham cracker with a piece of Hershey's chocolate and a Peep in the oven at 200 degrees for about 4 or 5 minutes. (Until the Peep is melty.) I'm then removing the Peep S'mores and topping them with another graham cracker before serving them as our dessert this evening. That WILL BE Pinterest Project Number 3.

It is my official opinion that it is socially acceptable to eat Peeps after Easter... as long as you're wearing white shoes.

RANDOMNESS #4 - The Pioneer Woman has still not mentioned meeting me at the Birmingham Book Signing this past Wednesday, even though she has posted twice since that time.

I'm beginning to think it wasn't as important to her as it was to me... which saddens me deeply. Heavy, heavy sigh.

Have a lovely Monday. I'll be back tomorrow with a recipe, Randomness and more, more, more Easter pics.

Take care, and I'll talk to you first thing in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter