Monday, January 2, 2012

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

The Gallery has only THREE pictures this morning. THREE! I didn't take any pics this weekend (except for pictures-of-the-day... to be posted on 50 is Nifty later). It was that kind of weekend.

Austin's Over-the-Pond Adventure

The New Year's Day Parade went very well. The rain held off until near the end. The pictures we saw were excellent. (Austin was in the first one we saw taken by British media covering the Parade. Melia printed it off the computer and found me at church. It was wonderful to see The Boy in all of his JSU finery in the midst of London, England.)

Today is a big day for the Southerners. They went to Stonehenge this morning and are now at Bath. Except for eating, these two tours will take up the entire day.

As far as we can tell, Austin is eating a lot of different ethnic food... just not English food.

Tomorrow is a "free" walking tour day, so I hope he takes advantage and sees everything he can possibly see before heading home Wednesday.

Because he is definitely heading home Wednesday.

Enough is enough.

Mindless Monday

Since the pictures in the Gallery are sparse (to say the least), here is a little play-by-play of Weekend Happenings using WORDS!

1. Roxie and I went shopping and she bought some new clothes with her Christmas money. (I didn't take any pictures.)

2. Josh and Mikie went deer hunting, but didn't get a deer. (They didn't take any pictures.)

3. We spent New Year's Eve with our friends eating dinner and watching Auburn win! (Not even one picture was taken.)

4. We went to church, out to eat and home for naps Sunday afternoon. (You guessed it! Nada!)

5. We played our new game Bananagrams late last night. (I lost, so no picture.)

I don't know if my camera has ever gone three days without taking a picture before. It is probably very confused!

The Paula Deen Recipe-a-Month Challenge

That's right. Straight from the movie Julie and Julia, I am going to undertake an unbelievably difficult challenge in 2012.

I am going to prepare ONE Paula Deen Recipe per month from her beautiful calendar.

That's 12 Paula Deen Recipes... in one year. I don't know if that's ever been done.

Alert the media!

January's Recipe is called Ham and Black-Eyed Pea Cake "Benedict" (with a Roasted Red Pepper Sauce).

Supposedly, the Prep Time is 8 minutes, the Cooking Time is 15 minutes and the Difficulty Rating is Semi-Easy.

I'll be the judge of all those things.

It may not be today, but between January 2 and January 31, this dish will be prepared by little ol' me in my Alabama kitchen.

I want Amy Adams to play me in the movie. Just sayin.'

I'll be back tomorrow with a fun, SIMPLE recipe to try in 2012, Randomness, some pictures (I hope) and more of Austin's Over-the-Pond Adventure.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting and SOON-TO-BE-PLAYED-BY-AMY-ADAMS-IN-THE-MOVIE-VERSION Belinda

P.S. Feel free to leave comments via Facebook OR e-mail me at mfaulkner1306@charter.net!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter