Monday, January 16, 2012

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from Katie's 18th Birthday Celebration, and a little "this" and "that" from our weekend.

RANDOMNESS #1 - I remembered to DVR The Pioneer Woman's new cooking show Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m. It was great, and I immediately planned on making her Spicy Pop Pulled Pork for Sunday dinner.

I did, and it was delicious! (Pictures below. Recipe tomorrow.)

I'll be making her Au Gratin Potatoes soon... but not the coleslaw. Nope. Not the coleslaw.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Our weekend went according to plan.

NOT!

1. The Friday night basketball game for Roxie was cancelled because there were no refs. (Major disappointment.)

2. The Saturday morning breakfast date for me and Mikie was cancelled because we discussed it, and we decided we both wanted to sleep in a little Saturday morning... so we did.

3. The deer hunt went as scheduled, but no deer was shot, bagged, run over, etc. (Everyone still had a good time.)

4. Roxie was pooped Saturday, so we didn't go anywhere ALL DAY LONG. It fit our collective mood.

5. Katie's Birthday Celebration was attended by all, but a nasty migraine started building during the festivities.

6. All the guy cousins came to spend the night, play X-Box and eat. Thankfully, they are all practically adults, and after I ordered the pizza, set out the snacks and crawled back to my bedroom, they took care of themselves.

Even with the minor changes here and there, it was still a lovely weekend. I just had to decide what to look for in each day.

Cancelled basketball game OR dinner with Mikie, Josh and his friend.

Going shopping with Roxie OR staying home in our pajamas all day long.

The guys getting a deer OR the guys getting to spend the whole day together in the woods... and declaring it fun (deer or no deer).

Having a migraine Sunday afternoon OR being thankful it didn't start until after church services and Katie's Birthday Celebration was almost over.

Yes. It is definitely an intentional decision to choose the "good stuff," and not get bogged down with the "what ifs." And more times than not, I get bogged down.

Here's a little hint for you. It helps me to write it down. If I see something in writing, I tend to believe it!

RANDOMNESS #3 - My MamMa gives her grandchildren a dinner in January as a Christmas gift. She's been doing this for several years now.

The cousins love it because we get to see each other and visit in December AND January.

MamMa loves it because it is something extra nice she can do for all of us, and she sits right in the middle and enjoys the visit.

I've talked about it before, but MamMa is a FANTASTIC role model for a mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law. She loves us all, and if someone isn't able to come to the Palisades Christmas Celebration or her January Out-to-Eat Party, she'll say, "We were all there except for _________."

And it doesn't matter if it is a grandchild she's known all their life or one she met a few months before a wedding took place. It's still her grandchild.

I love that about her.

She's a Naomi, and one day, I want to be a Naomi, too.

Have a memorable Monday. Austin and Josh are going to the movies with me. I can't wait any longer to watch I Bought a Zoo. (They may bail at the last minute and watch Mission Impossible, but as for me and my popcorn... Well, we're watching the Zoo movie!)

Take care, and I'll be here tomorrow with The Pioneer Woman's Spicy Pop Pulled Pork recipe. If you're having company in the near future, this is a big easy, breezy dish to make.

I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter