Friday, January 27, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery Pics are action shots from last night's basketball game. We won, by the way! It was a good night.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Today is the deadline for turning in a Senior Quote and baby picture for Josh's High School Annual. These were some of Josh's favorites...

1. "Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky, and I thought to myself, 'Where the heck is the ceiling?'"

2. "Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." Douglas Adams

3. "Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film."

4. "The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not." Mark Twain

5. "He who laughs last didn't get it."

6. "I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them." George Bush (Josh LOVES George Bush.)

I don't know what he'll choose, but I personally like Number 5!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Don't forget to watch The Pioneer Woman's new cooking show. It is on Food Network at 9:00 a.m. CST Saturday morning. Good stuff!

RANDOMNESS #3 - I visited my 2009 Archives and found this little bit of wisdom from January 27 of THAT year. Becky Freeman is one of my favorite Christian authors. She's funny and real... and I love the following:

Pint-Sized Psychology

No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

When your mom is mad at your dad, don't let her brush your hair.

If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second person.

Never ask your three year-old brother to hold a tomato.

You can't trust dogs to watch your food.

A pencil without an eraser may as well just be a pen.

Never hold a dustbuster and a cat at the same time.

Words to live by, Folks!

Weekend Happenings

I think our weekend will revolve around anything Bev and family need to finish the moving process. I am waiting for a call as I type, and we'll take it from there.

The kindness of Tommy and Beverly's church has been amazing, and the members of their Sunday School class have put hands and feet to their ministry.

These are some of the other unbelievably "good" things which have come about since Monday of this week...

1. A woman Beverly knows only as an acquaintance called Tuesday and GAVE them a car, complete with new tires, a fresh tune-up and cleaning. She brought it by Tuesday evening.

2. Brad has worked at the Trussville Chick-Fil-A for several years. Brad and family were given free Chick-Fil-A food when needed throughout this entire week.

3. Two of Bev's friends have dedicated their time this week to looking at rental houses. Not an easy task!

The list could go on and on.

The only thing CERTAIN on this weekend's list is a trip to the Dollar Movie tonight with Zac and cousins... a trip to Krispey Kreme AFTER the Dollar Movie... and homework. (Some things never change!)

I hope you and yours have a fabulous January weekend. Try to find some joy in each and every day. Write it down if you have to!

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter