Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cream Cheese Cake Box Cookies

Good Tuesday morning!

Because of lack of time this morning, I picked one photo from this weekend for the Gallery Pic today. (I'll have more tomorrow.)

Mike and I celebrated our 24th anniversary as a married couple Friday and Saturday although our actual anniversary date was yesterday, January 23. Yes. We picked the month of January to become husband and wife. Fun fact for you... Of all 12 months of the year, January is the least chosen by brides and grooms for marriage ceremonies.

But I like January. It just fits my mood!

We also went to Washington, D.C. for our honeymoon. I'm not a sand and sun person by nature. I'm a snow person.

And the whole time we were tromping around D.C. in January of 1988, there was a 4" blanket of snow on the ground. Perfect!

RANDOMNESS #1 - This is a super quick post. I'm off to Clay to be with family today. Bev and family will probably be staying in a hotel for awhile, so packing up the house is on everyone's To-Do List.

Continued prayers for EVERYONE affected by Monday morning's tornadoes are on top of everyone's Prayer List this Tuesday morning, also.

Josh plans on heading to Bev's after school each day this week to help with debris, cutting trees into pieces, etc.

Other than that, it is going to be a day-by-day "thing." Planning what to do a week in advance will not work here. The rest of the Faulkner Five will be jumping in this weekend.

I received a couple of telephone calls yesterday from friends who have "been there" when loved ones lost their homes and vehicles in a tornado. The practical advice given was much needed and immediately passed on to Bev and Tommy.

I know several other people who were hit by the storm, and are working on the same issues as my sister and her family. My heart and prayers go out to each and every one of them.

Their stories are similar, but the best part is each of these families are praising God no one was injured.

And again, on the top of most people's Prayer List in this area are the families who lost loved ones or know someone who sustained injuries.

There's an old hymn I love from my "growing up" days, and I wanted to share some of the lyrics with you this morning.

When the world that I've been living in collapses at my feet.
When my life is shattered and torn.
Though I'm windswept and battered, I can cling to His cross
And find peace in the midst of the storm

There is peace in the midst of my storm-tossed life.
Oh, there's an anchor, there's a rock to cast my faith upon.
Jesus rides in my vessel, so I'll fear no alarm.
He gives me peace in the midst of my storm.

RANDOMNESS #2 - My topic for January ("Things I've Learned While Raising Teens... A Humbling Experience") is still in the works... just not today!

Cream Cheese Cake Mix Cookies

This is a little variation of the original Cake Mix Cookies. I found it on Pinterest, of course. I am of the opinion cream cheese makes everything a little better. Don't you agree?

You will need the following:

1 box cake mix (any flavor)
8 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup add-ins (flavored chips, candy, nuts, etc.)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Cream together butter and cream cheese.

3. Add egg and vanilla and mix until well blended.

4. Stir in cake mix a little at a time until it's all blended. Then add any chips, candy or nuts.

5. Bake for 10 minutes.

Yum!

Have a really good Tuesday. I'll be back with more tomorrow. (I don't know how much more... but definitely more!)

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter