Saturday, December 31, 2011

AND MY GOALS FOR 2012 ARE...

Good Saturday morning!

The Gallery Pics are of our first (but not last) trip to Mugshots this past Monday. Good eatin'.

Austin's Over-the-Pond Adventure

I made a little mistake in yesterday's report. Austin saw the Tower of London (outside), but he didn't get to see the Crown Jewels (inside) until today. I apologize.

The main topic of conversation late yesterday afternoon was food, bridges and pictures.

Food - Austin has obviously stopped in his quest to find the perfect English food and started looking for good English/Italian food. He had a barbecue chicken pizza at a place called Frankie's Italian and a meatball sub at an organic sandwich shop near his hotel.

At 11:00 last night (London time), he was beginning to regret those two decisions.

Bridges - He quickly gave us the history of the bridges. The fourth London Bridge is now in place. The third London Bridge (remember the song) was bought by a rich Texan and now resides in Arizona. I told Melia we need to take a road trip to see the "real" London Bridge. (The trip is in the planning stages.)

He spoke of two more bridges to Melia, and photographed them... a lot. (He may be changing his major to Architecture in the near future.)

Pictures - The Boy has gone picture-takin' crazy, I tell you. He's even going back before the trip is over to take more pictures of the bridges.

But today, he will be touring!

He's already finished his tour of the town of Windsor AND the Tower of London. (He saw the Crown Jewels a few hours ago!)

And now... Now he is about to get on the subway to go back to the Hotel. (It is 4:00 in the afternoon in London as I type this.)

I hope he doesn't run into his Irish Republican friend on the subway... or the Underground, as they call it. (By the way, Austin told Melia the Irish Republican's name was Ernest. Nice to know.)

He's eating dinner at the Palace Suite at the Hotel tonight, so he will not be eating Italian. I'll let you know if he tries anything more exotic than a chicken barbecue pizza.

He's safe, happy and having the time of his life.

And that's all a maternal parental unit needs to know!

Goals for 2012

My Goals for 2012 are not very "deep" and "introspective." I don't think I'm very "deep" or "introspective." (I think one of my Goals for 2011 was to do/make/accomplish a reduction sauce in the kitchen. I'll tell you right now, that one is going to carry over to Goals for 2012.)

Most of these are not life-changing, so don't plan on getting any good ideas from this list.

1. Do/make/accomplish a reduction sauce in the kitchen.

2. Zip-line ANYWHERE. This is also on my "100 Things To Do Before I'm 90" List, but I have a feeling if I don't do it soon, I may not do it at all. This is the year.

3. Continue to walk and Body Pump throughout 2012... and fill my Exercise Quarter Jar in the process. (Cheesecake Factory... here we come!)

4. Buy some (and get into) skinny jeans so I can wear the beautiful brown suede boots I bought without being a walking/talking fashion faux pas.

5. Buy an incredibly long tunic to wear over the top of the skinny jeans so as not offend anyone who sees me in public.

6. Get more pedicures. I had two in 2011... and two is just not enough. When I'm getting a pedicure, it's instant happiness. I need at least 36 a year to "make it."

7. Have less panic attacks. (I think the pedicure goal may help with this one.)

8. Ride a train to New Orleans with family and friends. (This one is already planned!)

9. White-water raft with my family down the Ocoee this summer. (Have a pedicure immediately after the rafting trip.) I've rafted five times. Mikie has rafted four times. Austin has rafted once. Josh and Roxie... here we go!)

10. Eat at two more restaurants featured in Diners, Drive-thrus and Dives. (Mikie and I have eaten at a total of five! We want to make it seven by 2013!)

I know what you're thinking... "So inspirational."

My theory is, "Life is hard enough without setting unobtainable or uber-serious goals and/or resolutions the beginning of every year."

You can quote me on that one!

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter