Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spicy Pop Pulled Pork - Pioneer Woman Style!

Good Tuesday morning!

The Gallery Pics this morning are STILL from Katie's 18th Birthday Celebration. (I've learned on SLOW picture-taking weeks to "hold" a few photos from the past weekend... just in case.)

RANDOMNESS #1 - Speaking of SLOW picture-taking weeks, but busy, picture-worthy weekends, I have one of those coming up! I'll talk about it more Friday, but Mikie and I will be celebrating 24 years of wedded bliss this coming weekend.

I am so looking forward to our anniversary. It is one of the highlights of my year!

RANDOMNESS #2 - As I said yesterday, I wanted to see I Bought a Zoo. After checking the computer TWICE for the correct showtime at the theater of my choice, we arrived and discovered the computer was WRONG! The "theater people" had decided NOT to show I Bought a Zoo, but had failed to change the computer info.

Devastated was I. The guys... not so much.

Especially when I mentioned having lunch at Mugshots instead.

Mugshots is one of those words that instantly brings a smile to our faces. Yes. I ordered another Peanut Butter Burger, and I cannot say enough about how good (not gross) these burgers are. Austin and Joshua went with more traditional burgers. You know... lettuce, bacon, cheese, mayo, ketchup. In other words... BORING!

I'm telling you. They do not know what they are missing.

As it turned out, it was a good thing we didn't go to the movie. I wasn't quite over the Sunday migraine, and just being in a light, noisy restaurant almost started the whole thing again. I think a movie would have been too much.

But I'm still going to see it. I have a feeling I'll be seeing it at the Dollar Theater, but I AM STILL GOING TO SEE THAT MOVIE!

RANDOMNESS #3 - I read something this past weekend, and while I would usually share it with you Thursday under Blog Linkage, I think it needs to stand alone.

It is a wonderfully sweet birth story. Go to www.kellehampton.com. Scroll down her post dated January 16. At the bottom of this post, you will notice several little boxes. Double click on the box entitled "Nella Cordelia: A Birth Story."

Nella is almost two now, and I love to check this blog from time to time to see how she and Big Sister are doing. Kelle takes the MOST wonderful photographs to go along with every post.

Read it. I think you'll like it!

Spicy Pop Pulled Pork

As indicated in the title (and yesterday's post), this is The Pioneer Woman's recipe. And an excellent recipe it is!

I made this for Sunday dinner after watching her cooking show on Food Network Saturday morning. Easy and delicious.

You will need the following:

2 onions (peeled and quartered)
1 whole pork butt (pork shoulder roast)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
One 11-ounce can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 cans soda (Dr. Pepper)
4 packed tablespoons brown sugar

1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.

2. Start by placing the onion quarters in the bottom of a pot. Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper, and then place on top of the onions.

3. Pour the chipotle peppers over the top.

4. Crack open the cans of pop and pour them over the whole thing.

5. Add the brown sugar to the liquid and stir.

6. Cover the pot. Put in oven and cook for at least 6 hours, flipping the roast 2 or 3 times during the cooking process. When it's done, the pork will be dark and weird and wonderful. It'll also be fork-tender.

7. Remove the meat from the pot and shred completely. Then return the meat to the pot and keep it in the juice until you need it.

Guys, this was SO good. This would make a great "company" dish because there is so much meat. I may make it for my 4th of July Family Celebration this summer.

I know what you're thinking. "Isn't she supposed to be cooking a Paula Deen recipe every month for a year? Why is she cooking Pioneer Woman recipes INSTEAD OF Paula Deen recipes?"

May I remind you, I still have 14 days to prepare Paula Deen's January recipe, Ham and Black-Eyed Pea Cake Benedict? That's right! Fourteen more days!

I have got to get busy!

Have a fantastic Tuesday. I'll be back in the morning with a Seasonal Tradition, Wednesday Wisdom, Randomness and pics (of something)!

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter