Friday, January 13, 2012

Weekend Happenings, LEGO Date

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery Pics are simply from dinner last night. I was a little more tired than normal (if you can even imagine), so I made my new favorite Pinterest recipes (side by side) in the oven. Thirty minutes later... DINNER! (Hootenanny and Baked Bacon. Only one cooking dish to wash. Brilliant!)

RANDOMNESS #1 - The Pioneer Woman's new cooking show will be on the Food Channel in the morning at 9:00 a.m. I think she taped at least six more segments. If you're a fan, set your DVR tonight and enjoy the show sometime this weekend.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I read an article written by John Croyle yesterday, and, as I usually do whenever I read something Mr. Croyle writes, I wanted to share some of it with you today.

Quiet Conversations With Our Kids

You and I have a choice everyday to either bless or curse our children just by our conversations with them. We make our children feel really good about themselves or we make them feel like a piece of road kill lying on the side of the road.

Never underestimate the power of your words, your tone of voice, inflection, attitude and facial expression.

You can rationalize your choosing to continue using poor communication skills with the excuse of "They know I love them," but the damage is still the same and will cause irreparable destruction of you and your child's relationship.

God says, "Ask anything according to my will and it shall be done." I am extremely confident the Lord wants our words to be wisely and lovingly delivered. Ask Him to help, and I promise He will be there.

As always, words to live by!

Blog Linkage - It was a good week in Blog World. There were many, many ideas out there, as well as posts that make you say, "Hmmm." (I like those the best!)

1. Go to eighteen25 under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "This Year's To-Do List" dated January 9. I love this idea.

2. Go to The Dating Divas under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "Photo Love Notes" dated January 11. They always have the most "doable" ideas.

3. Go to anderson family crew under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "Featured Sponsor: Casey" dated January 9. Read Casey's post about "love languages." It is eye opening.

4. Stay at anderson family crew and scroll UP to the January 11 post entitled "Valentine's Day DIY - Mailboxes." I'm planning on making these mailboxes and putting them out the first day of February. I know I'm going to be stuffing them with notes, small gifts and sweets... and I hope the rest of The Faulkner Five will do the same. We'll see.

5. Go to www.imperfecthomemaking.com and scroll down to the post entitled "Creating Family Rhythm" dated January 9. I LOVE the subject of Family Rhythm and have long been aware of the different rhythms a family goes through over the years.

Start reading!

LEGO Date

This is something I would have attended with Austin and/or Josh back in the day! The LEGO Brickfair!

Birmingham Bargain Mom has this to say about the event...

Join us at the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex in Birmingham, Alabama! LEGO models, displays and LEGO games will be brought together by adult fans and artists from across the country.

We are excited to present this festival of LEGO fun. It will be a great time for the whole family!

Vendors will be offering all things LEGO... shirts, hats, build-mats, custom mini-figures, custom-molded weapons and more.

Original LEGO creations will be on display and cover 37,000 square feet!

The LEGO Brickfair will be held Saturday, January 14 and Sunday, January 15 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day. The entrance fee is $7 per person 4 and above. Three and under are FREE!

Tickets will be sold at the door only. The entrance fee is good for one day. We do not sell two-day packages, and we do not offer discounts.

Whether your child is "into" LEGOs or not, it is always fun to see what people can create with these tiny blocks.

Weekend Happenings

We have a grand weekend planned. Well, not really "grand" as much as "enjoyable."

Let's break it down, shall we?

Friday - Mikie, Roxie and I will be doing the basketball "thang." I hope, hope, hope we start the weekend with a win.

Austin and Melia are having a date night.

Josh is hanging with a friend.

Saturday - Mikie and I are planning on having one of our infamous breakfast dates at Cracker Barrel. (The kids gave us a Gift Certificate. There's nothing better than a FREE date!)

Mikie, Austin and Josh are leaving around noon to go hunting Saturday afternoon with Uncle Guy.

Roxie and I haven't decided what we'll be doing. I'll either be taking Roxie and friends somewhere or we might just go shopping, eat pretzels and hang. Who knows.

Sunday - After church, we'll be celebrating Katie's 18th birthday at my sister's house. Cake, ice cream and some reminiscing. That's a good way to spend a Sunday.

Like I said before, not grand, but pretty enjoyable, I think.

Have a great LONG weekend. I'll be back Monday morning with Mindless Monday and a little more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter