Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Which One is My Gift?

Good Wednesday morning!

I have a couple of Gallery Pics left over from Monday. Oh, and I'll be updating 50 is Nifty this afternoon, so there will be a few new pics on that blog, too.

RANDOMNESS #1 - The Official Christmas Card Count now stands at 19. Now, that's what I'm talking about! I even had someone walk up to Mikie at the basketball game and hand deliver their card.

"You're 'card begging' again, aren't you?" he asked, as he handed me the card.

"No. I'm 'card reminding.' There's a big difference. I don't start 'card begging' until the week before Christmas. And TWO DAYS before Christmas, I start 'card badgering.' How long have you been married to me?"

It never ceases to amaze me how little Mikie really KNOWS me. (Well, I think he does KNOW me, but he chooses to block it out. And that, my friends, is the secret to a happy marriage!)

RANDOMNESS #2 - I've received a few questions about our Family Christmas Card this year. I will be answering those questions on A Simple Life FRIDAY MORNING.

Wednesday Wisdom - I love these three quotes. Good reminders...

"Keeping Christmas is good, but sharing it with others is even better." Anonymous

"Let us approach Christmas with an expectant hush, rather than a last-minute rush." Anonymous (Excellent, excellent advice.)

"The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much." Henry David Thoreau (Amen!)

Which One is My Gift?

Okay. Today's tradition is also Blog Linkage. I was gathering Thursday's Linkage and came across this post. It was too good not to share, but to read about this family's other traditions (which are also very, very good), you'll need to go to www.andersonfamilycrew.blogspot.com and read the post entitled "Teacher Gifts and Christmas Traditions." Lots of good ideas in this one post today.

Tradition #1:

Each little person gets their own wrapping paper... none of the gifts are marked. In order to know which packages are their gifts, they have to find a tiny piece of wrapping paper in the bottom of their stocking and match it with the wrapped gifts.

I think this is brilliant... and fun... and easy.

Remember. Go to her website (immediately) for some other very good traditions.

Have a wacky, wonderful Wednesday. I'll be back tomorrow with more Blog Linkage, a Date, Randomness and hopefully, more inflatable pictures. I'm cruising the streets of our fair city after church tonight in search of MORE inflatables.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter