Friday, December 9, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from Roxie's Volleyball Banquet last night. Fun was had by all... and I didn't have to cook dinner! I love banquets.

ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! - The winner of the Christmas Dishrag Contest is... DAWN GRILL!

Dawn, I'll be delivering your lovely Christmas Dishrag AND your bottle of Bath and Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Soap this weekend.

Enjoy!

RANDOMNESS #1 - You may have noticed I am NOT posting every single day on my picture-of-the-day blog, 50 is Nifty. However, I am taking a picture every day. I post every three to five days because it saves me a little time.

I hope you don't mind, but try to remember... it's all about me!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I have two more Neiman-Marcus gifts to share with you today. I want to make sure you have enough time to order them before the Big Day!

5. Assouline Custom-Built Library
Price - $125,000

Floor to ceiling, wall-to-wall, and objects of decor... each of these libraries get handpicked according to your style and taste. There are over 250 vintage and current maestros from the field of art and culinary sciences whose self-authored books would adorn the shelves. No iPads or tablets are found anywhere in the scene, as the space is exclusively redone for "real" book reading. But what you do read is strictly according to your personal taste.

The furniture is designer, too, but minimalistic in its appeal, letting you read and relax "the vintage way."

6. Dream Folly Fantasy Tent
Price - $75,000

With everyone looking for an exclusive space for a personal retreat, the Dream Folly Fantasy Tent from Rainier Yurts might solve the problem by beautifying your garden space. With an 18-foot diameter, mixed grain interior lattice system, Sunbrella exterior lining, plexi-glass door and dome, one begins to wonder if it is a mansion, but it’s only a 1960’s inspired tent we are talking about.

Inside the tent, there are exclusive upholstery pieces such as the hand-crafted, down-filled pillows by Rebecca Vizard. The other appealing addition is the hand-crafted chandelier by Julie Neill Designs, lending a rather dreamy ambiance to the interiors.

However, the pleasing aspect of this gift is the $5,000 donation towards the Breast Cancer Research Foundation for the sale of each unit. And you get to pick the color of your choice! It doesn't get better than that!

NOTE - As always, I'm a giver. A giver of Christmas dishrags, stocking stuffer ideas and now, gift ideas for that special someone. You don't have to thank me... unless you want to take me for a ride on your new speedboat. Just saying.

RANDOMNESS #3 - The official Christmas Card Count stands at SEVEN. And that's all I'm going to say about that!

Weekend Happenings

We definitely don't have as much going on this weekend as last, which is a good thing.

Tonight, Roxie has a basketball game, Josh is working and Austin has some plans. I'm hoping we can all meet back at Faulkner Farms (circa 1842) for a late night Christmas movie. That would be great.

I'm planning on asking Mikie out for a Saturday morning date. (I have something different in mind this week, and I hope we both enjoy it. If not, we can always swing by Original Pancake House on the way home. We already know we love that place.)

Josh will be working. Austin will be practicing with the Southerners for their London parade. Roxie will be preparing for a Saturday evening outing with some friends.

And Mike and I will take the free Saturday evening to finish up some Christmas shopping. Maybe finish ALL the Christmas shopping. That would truly be lovely.

Sunday we'll be attending church, and right now, the plan is to go to our church's Christmas program Sunday evening as a family.

Somewhere in all this Christmas goodness, I plan on wrapping some gifts, mailing some Christmas cards and finishing the new level of the 2012 Christmas Season of Angry Birds.

Where will I find the time?

Have a joyful weekend. Enjoy celebrating this most wonderful season with friends and family. I'll be back Monday with Mindless Monday, Randomness, more of The 12 Days of Inflatables and a lot more Christmas "stuff" to share.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter