Thursday, December 1, 2011

Jingle Bell Run Date

Good Thursday morning!

The Gallery Pics are a couple of leftovers from the Christmas Tree Farm. Nothing major, but pictures nonetheless.

ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! - Two days after I announced the Guestbooker at the bottom of my page was WORKING PROPERLY, it broke! Yep! BROKE!

Dawn and Joan... I have your names and you are in the drawing bowl.

Anyone else who wants to enter the Christmas Dishrag Contest (yes, the name is going to stay the same) must let me know via Facebook, e-mail (mfaulkner1306@charter.net) or just come by the house and throw a rock through the window. I'll get the message!

You can still leave one comment per day. (If you leave four comments, your name goes in the bowl FOUR TIMES.)

I will draw the winner next Friday morning, December 9!

What is the prize? What is the prize?

I knew you would ask. I will be giving away a BEAUTIFUL, HOMEMADE Christmas Dishrag... PLUS, a bottle of Bath and Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Soap. (See picture below.)

RANDOMNESS #1 - I told you yesterday The 12 Days of Inflatables would begin December 1... today... this post.

I didn't really lie. My van broke. Yes, I know. Let's have a moment of silence for The Big Gold Van.

I get it back this afternoon.

Tomorrow there will be not one, BUT TWO, pictures of unique and interesting inflatables on my sidebar.

I'm sorry if I caused you any sadness or disappointment on this first official day of the Christmas Season.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I like to do at least one Christmasy thing every day of December. At least ONE! Tonight is our annual Christmas Parade. I am willing to pass on the Parade this year. While I always enjoy it when I attend, I am craving a night of hot chocolate in front of beautifully decorated Christmas tree.

I'm feeling the need for "cozy."

Everything depends on the 15 year-old chick in the house. I have a feeling if she wants to go, we'll be going, too.

And Josh... Well, he's doing that Christmas Tree Farm thing. (Still lovin' it!)

RANDOMNESS #3 - I have my first pre-lit Christmas tree. Mikie brought it home last night. (I know. I'm always a decade or so behind the times.)

Fun fact for you... I am an AWFUL light-putter-onner. (I have no idea how to spell "onner.") And because I am so awful, I dread this task every single year. And now the dread is gone. Ahhh. A little shaping, and my angel ornaments are ready to hang!

RANDOMNESS #4 - Since we're talking about "updating" some Christmas stuff around here, I will also say I'm buying some of the big, colored Christmas light bulbs for the den tree this evening. I like 'em, so I'm going to get 'em.

I know. I'm really stirring things up around here. We may never get over it!

Blog Linkage - Get ready to read!

1. Go to Nitty.Gritty. under My Blog List. Read Jody's post entitled "Standard of Measurement" dated November 17.

2. Go to www.kellehampton.com and read her wonderful post entitled "Got SPAM?" dated November 21. Love her attitude.

3. Go to eighteen25 under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "Advents" dated November 23. They have some very unique ideas for counting down the days.

4. Go to Dating Divas under My Blog List and read the post entitled "My Choice, Your Choice" dated November 28. This is a very cool idea for an at-home date. Love it.

5. Go to www.andersonfamilycrew.blogspot.com and read "Turkeys That Look Like Chickens" dated November 30. I'm sorry. The sandwich cracks me up... and the Turkey Place Cards for Thanksgiving are precious. (I'm going to put that in my Thanksgiving file.)

If you ever have trouble finding an older post, go to the sidebar and click on the Archives. Since I have the dates for the posts, you can go directly to it!

Jingle Bell Run Date

My friend, Robin, is participating in the Jingle Bell Run/Walk Saturday, December 10. It is a busy time of year, but this would a fun morning date for you and one of your very active kiddos. It's worthwhile, too.

The Jingle Bell Run/Walk is a fun and festive way to kick off the holidays. Dress in festive Christmas clothes, and don't forget to tie jingle bells to your shoelaces!

The details are below:

1. The Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis is held in Birmingham, Saturday, December 10.

2. The Run itself is free, so be sure to donate money for a fantastic cause.

3. You will begin at the corner of 10th Avenue South and 26th Street South.

4. Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.

5. Late Registration and the 5K Run begin at 9:30 a.m.

6. The Fun Run/Walk takes place at 10:30 a.m.

7. For more information, call 205-979-5700 or go to www.arthritis.org.

Have fun... and don't forget to tie those bells to your shoelaces! Jingle all the way!

Have a festive Thursday. Make sure you do at least ONE Christmasy thing each day until Christmas. Have fun with family and friends and make a million memories. (I'm not kidding. A million! No more. No less.)

I'll be back tomorrow with Weekend Happenings, TWO pictures for The 12 Days of Inflatables and so much more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Friday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter