Monday, December 19, 2011

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from the 13th Annual Christmas Tea I hosted at Townhouse Tea Shoppe in Mt. Laurel, AND my MamMa's Christmas Celebration at Palisades in Oneonta. Both of these uber-Christmasy events took place on the same day, so Saturday I was really "feelin' it!"

RANDOMNESS #1 - I have exactly 40 Christmas Cards. And that is good. Don't get me wrong. That is very good.

It just ain't good enough!

I had a sweet friend inquire about my Christmas card count on Facebook this weekend. I assumed the friend was asking out of concern for me. As it turns out, her husband wants to have a Christmas Card "Receiving" Contest.

Let me just say... "It's on, Fella! Eat my Christmas Card dust!"

I don't think anyone will ever accuse me of NOT celebrating Christmas for the right reasons!

P.S. My last little batch of Christmas cards will be mailed TODAY. If you haven't received your card yet, it is coming!

RANDOMNESS #2 - As mentioned above, we had our 13th Annual Christmas Tea at a lovely little tearoom in Mt. Laurel. The food was very good. The desserts were delicious. And the tea... Well, Gingerbread Tea and Christmas Eve Tea have never tasted so good.

It seems something always happens which helps us remember that specific tea. We've had a Tornado Tea... a Chipped China Tea... a Fancy High Tea. You get the idea.

We've never been to the same tearoom twice. We always try something new.

This is what I think we'll always remember about the Lucky No. 13 Tea...

1. I had accidentally asked for a reservation for six, but we had seven. (I didn't count myself.) This would usually not be a big deal, but adding a chair and a place setting was not an easy, breezy task.

2. I had asked this particular tearoom if they served high tea. They said, "Yes." When having high tea, you have to order it before the day of the actual tea. I was asking out of curiosity. They thought I was ordering six "high teas."

3. Not only did they have to set another place. They had to re-set the entire table for "lunch menu" items instead of "high tea" items. In layman's terms, that means bigger plate and different fork.

4. One of our chicks somehow mentioned we might get a little "louder" as our tea time progressed... And we were told to try to keep it down so the other patrons would be able to hear the music. I think she was kidding, but since we weren't sure, we were on our very best behavior.

5. My cell phone started ringing at this inopportune moment, and because I have a new funky Jamaican ring tone set at VERY LOUD, the establishment took my phone away from me.

JUST KIDDING! JUST KIDDING!

They even brought us FREE Chocolate Chip Scones with REAL whipped butter. It was divine!

After we got settled with the correct place setting, everything went very, very well. Delicious food, lovely tea, good conversation, sweet friends... and a piece of Peppermint Cake TO DIE FOR!

If you ever get an opportunity to go down Highway 280 for a little while, I suggest you make a reservation and have a little tea at Townhouse Tea Shoppe. (Try the chocolate chip scone AND the cranberry chicken. Just sayin'.)

RANDOMNESS #3 - Saturday evening, our family went to a nice Lodge in Palisades Park, located in Oneonta. We have celebrated at the Park for many years now. Palisades Park also has an awesome light display, so we get to have fun with our family AND do a little Christmas light lookin'.

We had a great time. The food was yummy. The great-grandchildren exchanged gifts. And then we took a little time to play Christmas MINUTE-TO-WIN-IT! (Thank you, Pinterest!)

It was a lot of fun, and since we only played five games, I have several more NEW games we can play next year.

I'm going to share the website on Blog Linkage this Thursday, so you can use some of these great ideas at your next Christmas gathering.

All ages can play and enjoy.

Have a very merry Monday! (I think I've said that before, haven't I?) I hope you accomplish much today. I hope this day is stress-free for you and yours. (I hope this day is stress-free for me and mine, too!)

I'll be back tomorrow with an easy-breezy recipe, more pics and Randomness. You know. A typical Tuesday.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter