Monday, December 5, 2011

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

The Gallery Pics are Christmas pics to be sure. I did take photos of our Family Christmas Movie Night, but I was unable to take pictures at the Cirque du Soleil Holidaze Show we attended yesterday. Something about flash photography causing certain death of the performers during some of the acts where they are 100 feet in the air without a net. Bunch of wimps!

But I didn't want a Cirque du Soleil performer's broken limbs on my Christmas conscience this year, so I obeyed all flash photography rules... even though it just about killed me!

ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! - Two days after I announced the Guestbooker at the bottom of my page was WORKING PROPERLY, it broke! Yep! BROKE!

Anyone else who wants to enter the Christmas Dishrag Contest (yes, the name is going to stay the same) must let me know via Facebook, e-mail (mfaulkner1306@charter.net) or just come by the house and throw a rock through the window. I'll get the message!

You can still leave one comment per day. (If you leave four comments, your name goes in the bowl FOUR TIMES.)

I will draw the winner next Friday morning, December 9!

What is the prize? What is the prize?

I knew you would ask. I will be giving away a BEAUTIFUL, HOMEMADE Christmas Dishrag... PLUS, a bottle of Bath and Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Soap. (See picture below.)

RANDOMNESS #1 - Speaking of Holidaze, it was FANTASTIC. The kids and I had never seen Cirque du Soleil before, so we were mighty impressed. Those performers are amazing. I had to take two muscle relaxers when I got home because I was sore just watching them "do their thing."

I'm so glad we were able to attend such a fun and different holiday show. Loved it!

RANDOMNESS #2 - The 12 Days of Inflatables continues. Check out No. 3 on the sidebar. They just keep getting better and better!

RANDOMNESS #3 - As I work on the blog this morning, my heater is being replaced. That's right. Merry Christmas, Mikie!

Replacements, renovations, new appliances, moving, broken down vehicles, etc. have a very negative effect on me. I know most women do not like the mess or the inconvenience, but I have discovered over the years, I react a little more... severely.

It is an unsettling... nay, disturbing... experience.

I knew a lady who went on a mission trip in the Spring. When she returned home, her husband had new kitchen appliances picked out and installed, AND had the kitchen and living area of the house repainted (trim and all). He didn't pick out a new paint color. He just had it painted the old color, but it looked good as new. She was thrilled.

And I envied her for a long, long time. I admit it. It was wrong, but I "envied" anyway.

I also love the way Extreme Makeover works. The family gets sent to Disney World for a week. Ty blows up their old home. Ty and a crew of hundreds rebuild a new home in five days. New house. New yard. New furniture. New everything.

All I would have to do is scream and look surprised when they "moved that truck!"

I could do that. I could SO do that!

But as it stands now, we're looking at the new heater today (no big deal), a master bath renovation (a necessity, not a luxury), buying new bed and bedding for Josh (I sold his at the yard sale the other day so again, not a luxury) and painting two bedrooms and a bathroom.

And I shouldn't be complaining. There are many people out there with much worse problems than a broken heater, a broken bathroom and a few missing beds.

Once again, I'm just sharing my story.

You probably thought I was one of those uber-"together" women. One of those chicks who is on top of everything all the time. Sorry to burst your bubble, Folks.

I have issues.

Home repair is just the tip of the iceberg!

Have a fantastic Monday. I'll be back tomorrow with a yummy recipe for you to try at one of your Christmas parties this season.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter