Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Polar Express Party

Good Wednesday morning!

My new FAVORITE THING is in the Gallery this morning! Everyone must RUN (not walk) to Wal-Mart and buy one of their very own TODAY (not tomorrow).

RANDOMNESS #1 - And the cards and letters just keep pouring in... Well, it's not actually a "pour." More of a steady "trickle," but I like it! I like it a lot.

My official Christmas Card Count... 53!

Now that's what I'm talking about!

RANDOMNESS #2 - My picture-of-the-day blog, 50 is Nifty, will be current by the time my head hits the pillow tonight. Take a look tomorrow if you get a chance.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Tis the season for Christmas Tea! I'm having some Chocolate Biscuit goodness with friends today. I'm really looking forward to catching up, laughing and visiting with these guys. Rain or not!

RANDOMNESS #4 - Christmas lights and unique inflatables are not as plentiful this year, but I'm still determined to have all 12 Days of Inflatables up and running by this Friday.

I'm a nut with a mission, I tell you!

RANDOMNESS #5 - It's time for a Blast From the Past. I wrote this post in December of 2009. (It's a two-parter, so I'll share the rest tomorrow morning!)

JUST A THOUGHT - Do you ever listen to the John Croyle commercials... you know, from the Big Oak Ranch? They have had a commercial during this holiday season that really made me think. I'll have to paraphrase a little bit. Mr. Croyle asks the question, "What do your kids see as the most important thing in your life?"

Then he tells a story of a little boy who was asked that question about his Dad, and he answered, "My Mom. My Daddy loves my Mom." He then goes on to say what a good job that Daddy has done showing his little boy the priorities of life... God, Family and then Others. When this set of priorities is out of order, so are our lives.

Well, I did a gutsy thing. I asked Josh.

"Not counting God, what do you see as the most important thing in my life?" He looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"Is this a trick question?"

"No. It is a simple question."

"Will I be punished if I answer wrong?"

"No. But, you will be punished if you don't answer SOON!"

He grinned and said, "Family."

"Did I get it right?" he asked, smirking.

"You did okay," I responded, breathing a sigh of relief. Now it was Roxie's turn.

"Not counting God, what do you see as the most important thing in my life?"

"Why do you want to know?" she countered.

"It's just a question. Answer, please."

"Is there more than one right answer?"

"I don't think you can get this wrong. It's just your opinion," I replied, starting to get very impatient.

"Will you be mad if I answer it wrong?"

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THESE KIDS?

"Okay. Okay. The answer is 'family.' Am I right?" Roxie asked with a smirk on her face, too!

I slipped her a $5 bill and told her not to tell her brother!

You may be asking, "Are you going to ask Austin when he gets home?" I don't think so. Right now, I'm pretty happy with the two out of three answers I received. I don't think I want to mess it up. He's liable to say "chocolate chip cookie dough," or "going to the movies," or something else upsetting. Too risky. Too, too risky!

(And I'll tell you a little story about why I KNOW it is too risky in tomorrow's post!)

Wednesday Wisdom

"Off to one side sits a group of shepherds. They sit silently on the floor, perhaps perplexed, perhaps in awe, no doubt in amazement. Their night watch had been interrupted by an explosion of light from heaven and a symphony of angels. God goes to those who have time to hear him... and so on this cloudless night he went to simple shepherds." Max Lucado

I don't know about you, but I want to be a shepherd this year!

Polar Express Party

Okay. I'm "borrowing" another great idea from a great blog for a great party for the kiddos this year (or next)... and I found it on Pinterest!

Go to www.thegalagals.com and scroll down to the post entitled "Polar Express Party." (Okay. While you are there, you might as well look at all the other fantastic Christmas party ideas. These girls know how to throw a party!)

Make it your own, but I know you're going to like the Snack Train, the Railroad Track Paths and the "stations."

If I thought Austin, Josh and Roxie would enjoy such a thing, I would throw a Polar Express Party tomorrow... but, alas, it is too late for me!

Have a great Wednesday. I'm not doing the Christmas countdown. I know it causes me stress, and I assume it causes others a little discomfort, too. I will say, "I hope you accomplish much!"

I'll be back tomorrow with a lot of Blog Linkage, a Date and some more pics and Randomness.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter