Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Delicious Hot Chocolate (Pioneer Woman Style)

Good Tuesday morning!

The Gallery Pics include more Christmas shots. Surprise!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Yesterday was a very good day. Our "Day After Christmas" Movie Pick was Sherlock Holmes. (I tried, Jennifer. I really did. We're still going to see your movie pick before school starts back... because I said so!)

I have to say, the second Sherlock Holmes was MUCH more easy for me to understand. The British accents weren't as thick... Robert Downey, Jr. didn't talk quite so fast... and the story was much easier to follow. All in all, the entire group said it was a much better movie than the first... and they all loved the first one!

We ate at Mugshots before heading to the theater, and it was superb! Best hamburgers ever! (We all agreed on that point, too.)

And guess what? I stepped out of my comfort zone and ordered a Peanut Butter Burger. That's all they put on it. Crunchy peanut butter, juicy hamburger and a sweet bun. Can I just say... Fabulous! It will not be the last time I order that burger... even though I'm trying the chicken salad the next time we go.

We had a very good time.

RANDOMNESS #2 - It may only be two days after Christmas, but we are in "London Mode" around here. Mikie, Austin and I are heading to Atlanta tomorrow morning to put The Boy on a jet plane headed for... Chicago. That's right. Five hours in Chicago.

And then off to London!

Mike's excited. Austin's excited. I'm getting there.

Today I will packing a 49 pound bag of clothes which will last The Boy eight days. (Anything over 50 pounds costs a little bit more! You probably already knew that. I'm the only person in the universe that still goes on road trips with a duffel, two outfits and quarters for the wash!)

I'll be letting you know how the trip progresses as we get daily reports (or snippets, as I like to call them). International phone calls are a little pricey, too, so if there isn't an emergency, he's to tell whoever answers the phone the following:

1. I am safe.

2. I am happy.

3. I went to (fill in the blank) today.

Melia is a chick after my own heart. She has given Austin a detailed "picture" list. Unlike the times I've given him such a list, he grinned and said he would take care of it! LOVE IT!

RANDOMNESS #3 - I'm heading to Edgar's Bakery today for a lunch date with my "forever" friends, Alesia and Celeste. (Kelley couldn't make it this year because of an anniversary trip. Go, Kelley!)

Sometimes I get to see these girls more than once a year, but not often. December 27 is always a good day for me. Time for me to catch up, reminisce and laugh... a lot.

And I get to eat something in a bread bowl.

Delicious Hot Chocolate (Pioneer Woman Style)

I am a lover of hot chocolate, but I must admit, most of the time, I'm a packet chick. I hopped over to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman and checked out her cooking section. She, too, loves the hot chocolate.

I'm going to be trying a couple of these in the next week or so. (Regular and MINT for me!)

You will need the following ingredients:

2 cups milk
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon sugar (optional)

1. To make the basic hot chocolate, combine milk with half-and-half in a small saucepan. Warm over medium-low heat, then stir in chocolate chips.

2. Stir until melted (though there will still be lovely particles of chocolate throughout.) If it's too chocolatey for you, splash in a little more milk. If it's not quite sweet enough for you, add 1 teaspoon sugar.

3. Serve in mugs with whipped cream.

VARIATIONS

Orange Hot Chocolate - Add 4 slices of orange rind as you warm the milk mixture. Add a splash of orange syrup if you have it, but it isn't necessary.

Raspberry Hot Chocolate - Add 3 tablespoons raspberry syrup to the hot chocolate. Drop a couple of raspberries into each cup.

Mint Hot Chocolate - Drop 1 to 2 miniature peppermint patties into each mug before adding hot chocolate. Stir to melt.

Garnish any and all variations with whipped cream or chocolate shavings.

I know what I'm doing tonight around 10:00 p.m.

Have a blustery Tuesday. It's windy in Alabama! I'll be back tomorrow with Wednesday Wisdom, some New Year's Eve and New Year's Day ideas, pictures, Randomness and a little more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter