Friday, December 16, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery Pics are of the Dirty Santa gifts Mikie and I snagged at his Christmas office party last night. I was pleased with the end result!

RANDOMNESS #1 - The Christmas Card Count is now at 29. Yep! Almost 30. I love going to the mailbox every day. It's one of my high points... which is kind of sad.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I told you I would share the story of The Faulkner Five Christmas Card today, but I still have a few more to mail. I'll send those out today, and tell you the little story Monday. (A little Christmas something to look forward to!)

RANDOMNESS #3 - I always enjoy Mike's office party. He works with some of the nicest people I've ever met, and it is just an easy, relaxed, festive gathering.

The food was great. I found a way to eat asparagus. It was served wrapped in a thin, crispy pastry dough and there was a tiny piece of cheese inside the wrapping, too. Then it was seasoned and baked. To top it off, I dipped it in a "barbecue/ranch" sauce before popping it into my mouth.

Hello? Why doesn't everyone cook asparagus this way?

The other food was equally delicious. I had a little vegi sandwich on a soft bun with an herb/mayo spread. Can you say, "Slap on a little more of that mayo, please?"

Mikie, being the carnivore of our pair, feasted on tenderloin. Food-wise, the evening was a total success.

And then we played Dirty Santa. Traditionally, Mike and I walk out with two gifts I like... which is fine. This year, I (I mean "we") did it again!

I stole a Mini-Doughnut Maker from a lovely woman named Karen. Poor Karen had a very unique skill of picking out the best gift from the gift pile EVERY SINGLE TIME. She must have had nine or ten gifts stolen. Normally I try NOT to steal, but I was "in the mood" for some reason, and when I saw the Mini-Doughnut Maker I had to have it for myself. (I know. So selfish, right? So un-Enchanting-Belinda-like.)

Mike ended up stealing a Starbucks basket with coffee, tea, hot chocolate AND two Christmas mugs. I was very happy with that little present, also.

All in all, an excellent night. (I have to find some time today to make mini-doughnuts in my new Mini-Doughnut Maker. Laundry may have to take a backseat because I want to make at least four or five dozen for kids to munch on as they come in and out, out and in during the weekend.)

Weekend Happenings

While last weekend was a little lacking in the "IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS" DEPARTMENT, this weekend is shaping up nicely!

Friday night is officially "friend" night for the Faulkner kiddos, and they will be here, there and everywhere spending quality time with their friends.

Mikie and I may have a little time to ourselves to sip hot chocolate beside the Christmas tree and watch a Christmas movie. (Who are we kidding? Kids will most likely be in and out, out and in all night... and that will be just fine. The more, the merrier!)

Saturday is a big day for me. I'm hosting the 13th Christmas Tea at Townhouse Tea Shoppe in Mt. Laurel. There were originally ten chicks who started this journey with me 13 years ago, and I'm pleased to say seven of us will be in attendance. (That's pretty good, I think.) I always look forward to this one afternoon during the Christmas season. It's one of the traditions I enjoy most. (I will take approximately 250,000 pictures here.)

Saturday night is my MamMa's Christmas Celebration in Oneonta. As of this moment, we are planning to play "Christmas MINUTE-TO-WIN-IT" with the cousins. Thank you, Pinterest, for this great idea!

Roxie is fixing a dessert for our Palisades Party, and right now it looks like it is going to be a giant Snowman Cupcake Cake. (If Josh will make my contribution of White Chicken Chili, I might be able to sit around Saturday afternoon eating bon-bons... or not!)

(You guessed it. Another 500,000 photos or so will be snapped during this event.)

After church on Sunday, I'm hoping the kids will spend some quality time together shopping for Christmas gifts for their parental units. (Mikie and I taped lists to their bedroom doors... in October.)

Actually, Sunday is another "up in the air" day. I have learned to just hold on and TRY to go with the flow.

Have a fabulous Friday. I hope your weekend is festive, fun and fantastic. Take a moment to breathe and enjoy all things Christmas!

I'll be back next week with Mindless Monday (and I should have at least 750,000 pictures). That's just a rough estimate.

Remember, keep those Christmas Cards comin'.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter