Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Crockpot Caramel Apple Crumble

Good Tuesday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from Josh's Senior Class Christmas Program. It's an annual tradition around here, and it is pretty hilarious. While the choir and band perform beautiful Christmas music at the beginning and end of the assembly, there are several "acts" in the middle which include Senior guys trying their best to be graceful... or limber... or just plain cool by performing ballet, jazz and modern dance numbers. That's where the "hilarious" happens!

At the end of the program, the Seniors break into 12 different giant groups and sing On the First Day of Christmas. It's tradition, and I like that. I like that a lot.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Mikie and I took some chicks to The Alabama Theater last night to watch Home Alone. There is something magical about The Alabama Theater. It is the MOST interactive movie theater I've ever attended... and I've attended a few.

Mike and I have seen Home Alone at least 100 times (no exaggeration), and yet it is "laugh out loud" funny once again when we are sitting in that beautiful setting.

It was a very Christmasy evening!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I have started calling people asking for my Christmas card. (Sorry, LeAnna.) And while I publicly apologize to LeAnna, please know I will be calling one or two of you tonight inquiring about your Christmas card progress.

I obviously cannot help myself.

RANDOMNESS #3 - "Where are all of the inflatable pictures?" I know. Has anyone else noticed there aren't as many inflatables this Christmas season? I'm beginning to get worried.

I have seen a few, but they are the "norm," and we all know, I'm not looking for the "norm."

RANDOMNESS #4 - I've been a little apprehensive to say this since the "Boot Fiasco of 2011," but I'm really interested in wearing some scarves this Winter.

That being said, I'm also terrified I will "do it wrong."

I'll probably be posting Scarf Rules in the near future... and hopefully, a picture of me wearing a scarf... correctly.

RANDOMNESS #5 - I have 472 items on my "To Do List." Please tell me I'm not the only one a little behind this season.

(Every time someone says, "Only 13 days until Christmas," I start having trouble breathing. And then I feel the need to take a nap to get away from the panicky, not-breathing-too-good feeling. And when I wake up, it is "Only 12 days until Christmas.")

RANDOMNESS #6 - I have a goal for today. When everyone comes home this evening, I want EVERYTHING to be clean and twinkly and good-smellin' and lovely... and all 472 items marked off my "To Do List."

Does anyone have the name of someone who will come to my home and actually accomplish those things?

That would be lovely! Thank you very much.

Crockpot Caramel Apple Crumble

Okay. So The Boy is back in town, and I'm going to try this new recipe since he likes "fruit" desserts. I'll let you know if it is a hit!

You will need the following:

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
5 large apples (cut into chunks)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon

You will also need the following for the topping:

2/3 cup oats
2/3 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 to 4 tablespoons softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Toss apple chunks with salt and cinnamon.

2. In the bottom of your crockpot, mix brown and granulated sugars, then spread evenly to cover.

3. Layer apples on top, keeping them in a single layer as much as possible, then adding the rest to the top.

4. Mix the crumble topping together in a bowl using your fingers to distribute the butter evenly and thoroughly.

5. Sprinkle it over the top of the apples.

6. Cook apples on low for 4 hours, or high for 2 hours.

7. Turn off heat, unplug and let sit covered for 1 hour. (During this time, the caramel will thicken a bit more.)

8. Serve with vanilla ice cream... But I bet you already knew that, didn't you?

Have a terrific Tuesday. I will try to do the same. I'll be back tomorrow with Wednesday Wisdom, a Seasonal Tradition, Randomness and more pics.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter