Monday, July 2, 2012

Mindless Monday

Good Monday morning!

July 2, 2012 will from now and hereafter be known as THE FIRST OFFICIAL DAY OF SUMMER (for me and Roxie). We slept in... because we didn't have camp, basketball, lake, church, Boot Camp, etc., etc.

However, MJ, Mike and The Boy had to leave at 5:50 a.m., 7:20 a.m. and 7:30 a.m., respectively.

But they were super quiet, and they didn't wake the girls in the family. (I will be making a special dinner for them tonight!)

RANDOMNESS #1 - I didn't photograph anything this weekend, so I'll post some old pics at the bottom. It was another here, there and everywhere weekend, but nothing "major" took place.

I could have taken pictures of our date yesterday (me and Mikie), but since we weren't really sure what we were going to do when we pulled out of the driveway, I didn't bring the camera.

We decided to have a "coupon" date, so we took our big Coupon Book and a Mugshot coupon we found in a Birmingham Parent magazine.

I know you're wondering if I ordered the Peanut Butter Burger... again. No. I did not. I tried something different. I ordered (and loved) the Pepper Jack Burger. And get this! They don't smother the burger in melted pepper jack cheese UNTIL they put a big ol' fried onion ring on top.

I will not be making cheeseburgers at Faulkner Farms unless I put big ol' fried onion rings on top of each and every one. Delicious!

We then walked around the Galleria and looked at all the tattoos. We felt very old and uncool, but in the end we felt comfortable with our decision to remain "un-inked."

Mikie wanted a frozen yogurt, so after a quick glance through the Coupon Book, we decided 32 Degrees was the best deal. Unfortunately, the store in Vestavia was closed on Sundays. Fortunately, the store in Crestline was not.

We spent $.88 on two make-it-yourself frozen yogurts. That's right. Only $.88. Can I just say, frozen yogurt tastes SO much better when it only costs $.88... for two?

Our entire date (including tip at Mugshots) cost less than $15.

I'm going to state the obvious... Coupon dates are fun!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Since nothing else exciting happened over the weekend, I guess I'll just give you a sneak preview of upcoming events.

Tuesday - I'll share several easy 4th of July recipe ideas for last minute menu items.

Wednesday - It will be a very patriotic 4th of July post... and that's all I have to say about that!

Thursday - I'll have pictures galore from The Faulkner Five 4th of July Festivities, AND a review of The Amazing Spiderman!

Friday - We didn't have a big weekend planned this past weekend, but the same cannot be said for the weekend AFTER the 4th. I'll be letting you in on all the plans.

So, if you thought today was disappointing (and let's face it, it was), the week will get better and better.

I'll be back tomorrow with 4th of July recipes AND my menu for the special day!

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. And now for the OLD pics I promised earlier.


Mr. and Mrs. Faulkner, Mikie, Becky and Guy at Mikie's 50th Birthday Party last year. I didn't tell them to dress color-coordinated, but don't they look marvelous?


Me and two of my guys at a new pizza joint we tried last year. (Fun fact for you... I love sitting in the window when I go to the restaurant.)


This is what Roxie looks like with voluminous hair. Look at this one quick. I have a feeling it won't be on the blog very long!


Remember last summer when I found that box of Quisp cereal at Target? This is a picture of me eating some.

The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter