Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Soda Pop Ice Cream AND Chocolate Frosty Ice Cream

Good Tuesday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I visited one of my favorite blogs this morning, and I found yet another reason to love www.kellehampton.com.

She loves gray days, too!

"Come 3:00, ominous clouds cluster overhead and shadow our home with complete idleness. In the last few weeks, I've started a couple essays, a home project, a closet overhaul, two to-do lists and a new calendar system for activities, but they all remain unfinished thanks to the weather. Any other time I would feel unsettled, but gray afternoons tend to be so forgiving of procrastination.

"I will finish the essays soon. I will complete my home projects, finish my closet, unravel some deeper thoughts and put them into words soon. But right now, it's raining. And unfinished seems a perfectly good place to be."

I couldn't have said it better myself.

No.

Really.

I couldn't.

Hop over to Enjoying the Small Things today and read her beautiful blog and look at her fantastic pictures.

RANDOMNESS #2 - As promised, I added a few of Josh's tubing pics. No matter what I do, Josh tends to come out a little blurry when I take tubing pictures... and I'm not sure why.


Yeah. Everyone's brave two seconds after the tubing begins.



It isn't documented, but Josh did land in the lake a couple of times. It happens, but it is rare.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Fun fact for you... I have a Sitemeter on the blog, and it doesn't give specific information, but it does give you general locations (city and state) of the visitors to A Simple Life.

I have visitors from 31 different states. I'm not a mathematician, but I believe that is more than half of the 50 states!

And get this! I've had a reader or two from France, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Israel, Taiwan, Sweden, the Philippines, United Kingdom and Hungary.

Pretty cool, huh?

Now if I can just figure out how to break into Asia and South America before the 1,000th post, I could truly be a happy, happy woman.

I know. It doesn't take much.

RANDOMNESS #4 - I have decided Body Pump will be the death of me. I thought being the mother of three teenagers would eventually do it, but I was wrong. It will definitely be Body Pump... or a combination of the two.

If and when Body Pump becomes too, too much for me, I will go to a class called Body Flow. The class is all about stretching, which is comical, because I'm all about stretching, too.

I will need to attend Body Pump as long as possible though, because after I finish Body Pump AND Body Flow, the only thing left is Body Lie Down.

I'll probably end up teaching that one.

Soda Pop Ice Cream

As usual, I get all of my recipe inspiration from Pinterest. However, I do make a lot of homemade ice cream during the Summer months, and these look easy AND delicious.

You will need the following:

2 liters of soda (Sunkist for orange ice cream, Root Beer for root beer float ice cream, etc.)
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk

1. Pour everything into an ice cream maker.

2. Let your person in charge of the ice cream maker do his/her thing.

Guys... I cannot make it any easier!

Chocolate Frosty Ice Cream

You will need the following:

1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
Cool Whip (8 ounces)
Chocolate milk

1. Mix all the ingredients together in the ice cream maker. Pour chocolate milk to the "Fill Line" of your container.

2. Read Number 2 above!

Have a splendid Tuesday. I'll be back tomorrow with Wednesday Wisdom, a Seasonal Tradition, volleyball pics and more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda


And since the tubing pictures were so "lacking" this morning, I decided to leave you with a clear and concise picture of Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter