Friday, June 29, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

Today's post will be extra-brief because I intend to hurry... and return to my seat on the air conditioning vent.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Go to The Dating Divas under My Blog List and read today's post entitled "Long Distance Birthday." If you have an out-of-town loved one you would like to celebrate, they have some very good ideas on how to make it happen.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I've decided to do a "My Favorite Pinterests" list on Fridays.

Favorite Recipe I Tried This Week - Peanut Butter, Jelly and Banana Sandwiches. Surprisingly wonderful!

Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe (To Try) - Cranberry Salsa.

Favorite 4th of July Recipe (To Try... THIS WEDNESDAY) - Red, White and Blue Brownie and Fruit Kabobs!

Favorite Gift Idea - Pampering in a Jar. (Warm fuzzy socks, lip balm, hand lotion or bubble bath and some chocolates. Add a bit of ribbon and a tag.)

Favorite For the Home Idea - Hostas in a Planter! Genius!

Favorite Recipe (To Try) - Ham, Potatoes and Green Beans in Slow Cooker. (Sunday lunch? I think so!)

Weekend Happenings

What can I say? It's the weekend before the 4th of July... and I, personally, do not have much planned.

Mikie will be home this weekend. I know we're having garlic butter shrimp for dinner tonight. I know Roxie and Austin will not be around. I'm not sure about MJ.

I don't know if it will be too hot for fishing Saturday evening, but it is a possibility for Josh and Mikie. It is not a possibility for me. I already KNOW it will be too hot for me!

Sunday, Mike and I have an afternoon date. I'm not sure what we're going to do, but I can assure you I will be near an air conditioning vent at all times throughout said date.

Mike and I have the above date because Austin, Josh and Roxie (along with the other cousins) have been invited to lunch with Grandmother after church. (Sunday is officially Grandmother's birthday, but she's been celebrating on the 4th for several years now. I'm sure the cousins will make the day celebratory, but the big party will be Wednesday!)

And that is our weekend. So laid back it practically doesn't even exist!

I hope you and yours have a safe, fun, pre-4th-of-July weekend. I'll be back Monday for a week of patriotic ideas to share with you and your family.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting and Hot Belinda (And not the "good" kind of hot... just so you know!)

Here are some old pics. I'm trying to make this post a tad more interesting!


Last year's tie-dye 4th of July cupcakes.


Fourth of July Bunco!


Oh, yeah. I was stylin'.


The "cousin" table.


It's not a 4th of July picture... but I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter