Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Birthday Traditions

Good Wednesday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Roxie's Volleyball Camp is going well. They met last night from 6:00 until 9:00. Today she will be there from 1:00 until 9:00. Each day has a different schedule.

By Saturday, she will have worn each and every one of her new volleyball shirts (plus the camp t-shirt), and that makes her happy.

And if The Chick is happy, everyone is happy!

RANDOMNESS #2 - My Josh (MJ) is working like crazy in this heat. Landscaping, lawn maintenance, 100 degree heat index... all those things equal weight loss... and muscles... and one extremely dirty load of laundry at 8:00 each evening... and one really, really tired guy each and every night.

As of now, he is lovin' it.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Since it is a rainy day, I've added a couple of things to my To-Do List this morning.


I want to read my two new magazines cover-to-cover!


I feel the need to create! My scrapbook goal for 2012 is 365 pages... completed! (I'm more than a little behind.)


No. I do not want to go tubing and fall asleep in the backseat of the truck. However, the "nap thing" is looking pretty good!

Wednesday Wisdom - I seem to have a "birthday" theme going today, so quotes about aging seem appropriate!

"Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed." Charles Schultz

"They say that age is all in your mind. The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body." Unknown

"The first sign of maturity is the discovery that the volume knob also turns to the left." Jerry M. Wright

"You know you're getting old when all the names in your black book have M.D. after them." Arnold Palmer

"The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." Lucille Ball

"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young." Fred Astaire

Birthday Traditions

I visited The Dating Divas blog this morning, and they had a wonderful birthday tradition. (Go there now. Click on The Dating Divas under My Blog List.)

After a few more searches, I found several birthday traditions which were different or unfamiliar to me... and I thought I would share.

1. If your child is turning 4 or older, cover the bedroom floor with balloons while he/she sleeps on the night before his/her birthday.

2. Sift through the stash in your attic for a toy that meant something to you as a child. A piece of your history makes a sweet and meaningful gift.

3. In lieu of a disposable paper greeting, give the child a book with a handwritten message on the inside. Your child will have a memorable collection to remind him of birthdays past.

4. Make each meal a celebration. Put candles on the morning pancakes, on the sandwich at lunch, as well as on the traditional cake after dinner.

5. Celebrate with fireworks. It makes for a very festive evening.

6. Each guest can hide the present they brought for the birthday boy or girl upon arrival. Finding the presents is a game for the child.

FROM THE ENCHANTING BELINDA - If you have a t-shirt lovin' teenager (and I do), this might be a good gift idea for you and yours.

Roxie loves t-shirts. When Mikie and I were eating at Mugshots a couple of weeks ago, I told him it would be fun to buy a t-shirt from each and every restaurant or attraction we visited over the next few weeks and give Roxie a birthday box of new t-shirts on her special day.

Since Roxie's 16th birthday is set in stone, we're going to do this for one of her 17th birthday gifts.

However, if we had started this gift, we would already have the following t-shirts:

Mugshots
32 Degrees
White Water Atlanta (from Josh's trip)
Beach T-Shirt (from Austin's trip)
New York Pizza

She'll love this gift... next year!

Have a magnificent Wednesday. Remember... It's Encouraging Wednesday. Speak kindly to everyone you may meet... and I'll try to do the same!

I'll be back tomorrow with Blog Linkage, Dates, pics and more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

1 comment:

  1. What are the plans for the sweet 16? Or do you have to wait until after the party to share the details? Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter