Thursday, July 19, 2012

Month of August Dates

Good Thursday afternoon!

My morning got away from me, but I'm going to post efficiently and quickly... because I have things to share!

RANDOMNESS #1- Roxie is officially exhausted from Volleyball Camp (8 hours yesterday and 11 hours today), but she's really enjoying it, too.

I love all of her volleyball garb, but this shirt is my favorite.


Did you know it's against the law to walk outside wearing volleyball shoes? Well, it is. "They" are very serious about NOT walking outside wearing volleyball shoes!


The names of all the girls on the team are in the pink ribbon.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I do this on occasion, but it's so much fun seeing all the bizarre and unique holidays in each month.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to celebrate the rest of July with the family!

National Blueberry Month

National Ice Cream Month

July 19 - National Raspberry Cake Day - I would call some of my favorite bakeries to see if any of them served Raspberry Cake... and then I would take everyone with me to try it out!

July 20 - Moon Day - Easy, breezy. A quilt, bug spray, a fun book and a flashlight. Enjoy a Summer evening reading a book and looking at the moon!

July 21 - National Junk Food Day - I think this is self-explanatory! Junk food for dinner! (Once a year will not hurt you!)

July 22 - Hammock Day - This sounds lovely. If you don't have one, maybe it could be a family investment!

July 23 - National Hot Dog Day AND Vanilla Ice Cream Day - Guess what's for supper?

July 24 - Cousin Day - Is there anything better than spending the day with your cousins? Plan something fun.

July 28 - National Milk Chocolate Day - How hard would it be to leave a Hershey's Chocolate Bar on everyone's pillow?

July 29 - National Lasagna Day - Stouffer's anyone?

July 30 - National Cheesecake Day - You cannot tell me your family wouldn't LOVE dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Well, you could, but I wouldn't believe you.

RANDOMNESS #3 - My kids loved Gogurts when they were small. Let's see how much they like them at 15, 18 and 21!


Because when it is all said and done, isn't "portable low-fat yogurt" more of a need than a luxury?

I think so, too.

Blog Linkage - Okay. I've got a new website for you to visit... but only if you like looking at really good pictures. I enjoy photography websites, but unless I can get better just by lookin', I don't know if I will ever improve. (Going to a class is pretty much beyond what I can manage at this particular season of life. My gnat-like attention span and "technical" camera terms do not go well together... at all.)

1. Go to www.shuttersisters.com. And just scroll down. And enjoy the beautiful Summer photos. Great blog.

2. If you're looking for a fun craft for you and yours one afternoon, go to eighteen25 under My Blog List and click on today's post entitled "Terrariums." Step-by-step instructions are always a plus.

Month of August Dates

I'm listing all of the good "date" holidays in the month of August so you can be prepared!

August is National Peach Month AND National Picnic Month. Nuff said.

August 3 - National Watermelon Day - Make a date with one of your littles and pick out a watermelon from the Farmer's Market.

August 9 - Book Lover's Day - Sounds like a Books-A-Million "buy-your-date-a-book" date to me.

August 12 - Middle Child's Day - If you have one of these, I think you know what to do!

August 17 - National Thriftshop Day - Go! Spend your date rummaging through the thrift stores together.

August 26 - National Dog Day - I think a visit to a fun pet shop is in order. (Or do you have a friend who has new puppies?)

August 31 - National Trail Mix Day - Go on a little shopping trip with one of your kiddos and create your own family trail mix blend.

And by all means, have fun!

Have a great Thursday. I'll be back tomorrow with Weekend Happenings. I have one word for you... BATMAN!

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter