Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cracker Barrel Double Fudge Coca Cola Cake

And... they're... OFF!

Good Tuesday afternoon!

The guys couldn't get away from me fast enough, and I have no idea why.

After we had the trip planning meeting, double-checked the packing list, triple-checked the packing list, made everyone go to the bathroom, spontaneously took pictures of them leaving, re-took the "bad" spontaneous pictures to make them "good" spontaneous pictures and ran down the street yelling, "Don't forget to write!"... they drove off into the sunset.


They were SO cute when they were little.

And Bev and I loved dressing them in matching colored shirts so we could spot them easily in a crowd. Even though the pre-trip memo specifically said, "Everyone wear a red shirt Tuesday," you can see they've outgrown that little tradition.

I ran beside the truck as long as I could giving them advice and throwing them kisses...

But I'm just not as fast as I used to be!

Nashville, here they come!

This is Trip One of Josh's mini-Senior trips. Austin, Brad and Josh will be in Nashville two nights. Tonight they have tickets for the Grand Ole Opry (Carrie Underwood and The Oak Ridge Boys), and tomorrow they'll just enjoy Nashville and look for celebrities since Wednesday night is the Country Music Awards IN Nashville. (Nope. I didn't plan the trip around the Awards. It's just a very nice coincidence.)

I hope they come back Thursday with some good memories and some good pictures of Trace Adkins, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. (That would be SO cool!)

Cracker Barrel Double Fudge Coca Cola Cake

Since I'm more than a little late, I'm going to share a Pinterest recipe with you today. (SHOCK!) I made it this weekend, and it was so good.

You will need the following:

Cake:

1 cup Coca-Cola
1 stick margarine
1/2 cup oil
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. In a saucepan, bring Coca-Cola, margarine, cocoa and oil to a boil.

2. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, flour and salt.

3. Pour into the boiling mixture and mix well.

4. Add eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and soda and mix well. Pour into a greased and floured sheet cake pan (9" × 13") and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. (I had to cover it with foil after 25 minutes and bake it 15 minutes more.)

Frosting:

1 stick margarine
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
6 tablespoons cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound confectioner's sugar

1. In saucepan combine margarine, cocoa and milk and heat until the butter melts.

2. Beat in the remaining ingredients and pour onto HOT cake.

3. Cool and cut.

Melia loves this cake at Cracker Barrel, and she said they serve it warm with vanilla ice cream. I could do that. I could definitely do that!

Have a good Tuesday. I'll be back in the morning with Wednesday Wisdom, Randomness, a Seasonal Tradition and a list of the celebrities the boys have met so far!

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter