Friday, June 1, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning! (Thank goodness!)

It's been a busy first week of Summer, but it has had some very good moments. And now it is June 1. I don't know about you, but I always consider June 1 the VERY first day of Summer, and any days we have in May are a little bonus. Thus, my Summer calendar officially begins TODAY. (I'll post my Summer Family To-Do List on Monday. Hopefully there will be some items already checked off!)

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! - I'll be posting parts of Josh's Journey today, Saturday and Sunday. Check in if you get a chance.

RANDOMNESS #1 - If you have time, go to Six Sisters' Stuff under my Blog List and check out their list of 30 Summer Side Dishes. I picked six I want to try at first glance. I'm sure that number will grow when I go back later this afternoon.

RANDOMNESS #2 - The Varsity and JV Basketball Teams came to visit last night. Roxie hosted a cook-out, and I think everyone had a really good time.

Mikie did an excellent job grilling hot dogs and making the first official homemade ice cream of the season. (YEA, MIKIE!)

Roxie made 24 individual smores kits (baggies with ONE marshmallow, THREE squares of Hershey chocolate bar and ONE large graham cracker to be broken into two pieces). It worked out so much better than going around and handing 15 girls the ingredients as needed. They just walked up to the table, grabbed their bag and took care of things. Genius!

I am going to love all of these basketball chicks. They are all sweet, polite and funny. And cute, too.

But I have to mention one in particular. Her name is Chelsea, and after watching Roxie take a couple of pictures with my camera, she spoke up and asked, "Miss Faulkner. Can I take some pictures, too?"

"Uh... yeah!"

And she did.

I don't know if you've noticed this before, but teenage chicks act more natural around other teenage chicks. Chelsea took some great pictures I would never have been able to take... because I'm no longer a chick, you see. I'm a full-grown chicken!

Enjoy!


Okay. Roxie took this one. The tall chick is Chelsea and the shorter one is my friend, Julie. After this picture was taken, Chelsea took the camera!


Caroline and Roxie.


I'm telling you, Chelsea's good. She just walked up and everyone immediately smiled. (They don't do that with me.)


Kelci, Julie's chick.


Yep. We had fire even on a hot summer night. How else would we be able to make smores?


This isn't everyone. Two of the players had already gone home, and four were unable to come, but I think you can tell we're going to have a very good season!

RANDOMNESS #3 - Josh's Journey - 12th Grade - Once again, there are many, many details which will be left out of today's post. I have decided to talk about the last year in story-form with three short stories.

Today's story is about our six-month search for Josh's current doctor. Again, God's hand was all over us, but we didn't realize it until much, much later.

We left off without a doctor who was able to help Josh. Mike and I didn't want to jump into the unknown again. We didn't want to waste the time, and we didn't feel like we had the time to waste. It had to be another God-led doctor.

Don't get me wrong. Mikie and I prayed about our last two doctors, and once again, looking back I believe it was God's plan for us to go to them to end up in the place we found ourselves. Limbo.

We kept talking and talking about our old doctor. The doctor who had helped Josh the most. The doctor who understood our situation. The doctor who had seen us at our worst, encouraged us, taught us and prayed for us during Josh's illness.

After our 1,000th talk, Mike looked at me and said, "Why don't we call him? Why don't we call him and see if he'll see us again... or at least give us some feedback as to what we should do next?"

Hmmmm. Sometimes Mike is brilliant. I like to give credit where credit is due... but mostly when it is due me. However, this was all Mikie.

We prayed about calling our old doctor, and after several days decided it was the right thing to do. We asked God to close the door if it was not His will.

Mike talked to the doctor. The door was definitely open. And we walked/ran inside... and it was like we were home.

We are now at the place we need to be to "figure out the next step," and instead of feeling like we are going backward (which is what I feared), it feels like we are taking steps forward... and not just baby steps. Big steps.

Saturday I'll tell the story of Josh's Senior Year. Sunday I'll tell the story of where I am in this Journey as his Mom. (I know this story best because I don't have to try to figure out what I'm thinking... I already know... most of the time.)

Come back tomorrow for the continuing story of Josh's Journey.

Weekend Happenings

We did "water" stuff last weekend, and Mike and Josh are going to do some "water" stuff this weekend, too. They went to Bass Pro Shop this week and purchased new lures, so fishing is on their minds.

Austin is working at the Chick both today and tomorrow. His Maymester is finished, so he is HOME FOR THE SUMMER! And I am happy.

Roxie will be here, there and everywhere. It's a "friend" kind of weekend for her.

And what about The Enchanting Belinda, you may ask? I'm not sure, but I think Mikie and I will have a date (or two), and my feet desperately want a pedicure. Desperately! Since I have a Gift Certificate for the pedicure, I'm going to try very hard to make that happen! I'm going to keep my list short and maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to check some things off!

Have a fantastic weekend. I hope it is everything you hope it will be. I'll be back in the morning with more of Josh's Journey.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter