Thursday, June 21, 2012

Different Dates

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

Hey, Guys...

Weekend Happenings will be posted by 5:00 this afternoon. I have some things to do this morning, but check in this evening if you get a chance!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting and Late, Late, Late Belinda

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Good Thursday morning!

I don't know what happened yesterday, but my widgets didn't work properly. Words showed up BESIDE pictures. NO words showed up UNDER pictures. I hope today is a better day.

I hate it when my widgets aren't working properly, don't you?

RANDOMNESS #1 - In case you didn't believe me, I wanted to show you a picture of my petunias... very alive and thriving. They just get better and better, and I'm taking full credit.


















RANDOMNESS #2 - In other news, these pictures didn't show up at all on yesterday's post, and I thought, "That's a shame." So, lucky you, I posted them today.



















Sparkle is telling Roxie, "If you really loved me, you wouldn't bathe me... ever."














Roxie totally ignored her pleas.

RANDOMNESS #3 - The mornings are so nice right now. If you aren't exercising (which I wasn't today), there is a cool breeze in the shade, and squirrels, birds and chipmunks are everywhere. I decided to sit on the steps for a few minutes early this morning and "just be."

It was lovely.



















I'm not one to criticize, but this guy is a little pudgy... for his height, I mean.



















You have to admit, squirrels are pretty amazing. If I had to "hang" upside down while holding onto a tree right after breakfast, I'm pretty sure I would throw up.

Blog Linkage - I don't have much for you today. Everything has been good this past week, but nothing has screamed, "Share me! Share me!"

1. Go to www.kellehampton.com and ready the last two posts about Michigan. Once again, I am in "road trip mode" and ready to go. Anywhere. Even Michigan. (Kelle makes everything look so beautiful.)

2. Go to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman and click on Photography at the top of her page. Scroll down to see who won the Love Photo Contest. Did you agree with her choice. It would have been very hard to narrow it down, wouldn't it?

3. If you want to feel better about your den furniture situation, go to Nesting Place under My Blog List and read yesterday's post entitled "This Week at the Nest." While it still photographs beautifully, The Nester shows the readers the real wear and tear on her furniture. By next week, I'm sure it will all be replaced with beautiful pieces all under $50 apiece.

She really is amazing.

Different Dates

I found these on Pinterest and adapted them to my Thursday Date segment. Remember, a date is one-on-one, quality time spent talking, talking, talking. It doesn't have to ALWAYS be expensive or take a lot of time to be a fun date.

1. Fossil Digging Date - They have dino bones at the Dollar Tree. Bury them (maybe at a sandbox at a park), and get your paint brushes ready to dust away dirt.

2. Find a quiet place in the house and play Angry Birds on the Nook.

3. Create a silly holiday to celebrate with each individual child. For example, August 20 - Annual Doughnut Date for Billy, September 19 - Try a New Restaurant Date for Susie, etc., etc.

4. Grab two nets and go Creature Catching!

5. Exercise together. Pretend to be their instructor, or just put in a workout DVD. It's like playing follow the leader.

6. Go through a car wash. (I did this when the kids were smaller. We would go through a drive-thru and pick up a milkshake, and then spend the next few minutes going though the wash. It was fun!)

Have a wonderful Thursday. I'll be back tomorrow with Weekend Happenings, pics and more.

Take care, and I'll talk to you in the morning.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter