Friday, June 22, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday evening!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I guess you're wondering where I've been. Or maybe not. Maybe you have a life. But just in case, I'll tell you... I went to Gadsden Mall with my Mom to buy a black, flowy tunic top, a white, flowy tunic top and a cream, flowy tunic top to go with patterned crop pants I already have in my closet.

I also wanted to buy a BRIGHT coral, flowy tunic top to go with some khaki pants I already have in my closet, too.

Shopping with a specific agenda is not an easy thing to do. In fact, it's almost impossible for me.

These are the items I bought.




I know what you're thinking. "That isn't black, white or cream."

That's what I told my Mom when she held it up and asked, "What about this one?"

But then I tried it on, and decided I could wear it with a black skirt and/or pants... which is what I wear all of my tops with at this time in my life.



And then I bought this top. Once again, it is NOT black, white OR cream.

Here's the kicker... I can't wear it with black. That means I have to buy crop pants or shorts to go with this one. Heavy, heavy sigh.



Take away the little white belt, and you have a nice white, flowy tunic with bling!

One out of three isn't bad for me!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I noticed something a few minutes ago. I am a HORRIBLE clothing photographer. Just horrible.

I'm a decent Faulkner Five photographer.





I take a pretty good "animal" picture, too.




My action shots get better and better every year.




And even if I say so myself, my foliage shots are "to die for!"




Am I right?

But I think we all would agree I could definitely improve in the "Clothing" Photography Department.

I guess we all know what I'll be doing in my spare time!

RANDOMNESS #3 - I'm currently reading The 10 Second Rule by Clare De Graaf. Have y'all ever read this little book? There are 12 chapters, and they all revolve around the 10-Second Rule...

"Just do the next thing you're reasonably certain Jesus wants you to do (and commit to it immediately -- in the next 10 seconds -- before you change your mind)."

At first, I thought the 10-Second Rule was so self-explanatory, reading 12 chapters about one rule (no matter how important) seemed a little "over the top."

But it is not "over the top."

Each chapter (so far) offers new insight to the Rule. (I'm currently reading Chapter 5.)

I loved this explanation of why we, as Christians, should follow this Rule.

"Jesus' call to 'come follow me' hasn't changed in two thousand years. The Rule isn't a new command. It's simply an easy-to-understand, to-the-point reminder of what it actually means to be on this journey with Jesus -- to be led by him day by day, minute by minute -- or even in the next ten seconds."

I know I'm only on Chapter 5, but I can honestly recommend Chapters 1 through 4 to you as thought-provoking and perhaps, life-changing.

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks what I think of Chapters 5 through 12!

Weekend Happenings

Roxie is away this weekend, and my heart is heavy. I miss The Chick. And even though it doesn't sound like it in her texts, I can tell she misses me, too. A lot. Heavy sigh. Poor Roxie. At least I have Mikie and The Brothers.

Sunday cannot get here fast enough!



Just in case you don't remember what Roxie looks like, I posted a pic.

Austin and Mikie will be working at different times this weekend. Josh is off the rest of this week from his new landscaping job, but next week he will be working five ten-hour days. I don't mind him taking it easy the next day or so because next week is going to be something else!

I think Mikie and Josh are planning a fishing trip late Saturday evening. I think it will be good for both of them.

I'm planning on getting a pedicure sometime Saturday. It is WAY past time for my summer pedi, and I want the brightest polish available, because my toes are coming out, Baby!

Sunday will include church and Sunday lunch. I'm not sure what I'm cooking yet, but I'm sure a crock pot will be involved.

Summer 2012 is not very "unified" yet, but we're getting there. Beginning July 1, things will settle down, and planning will be much, much easier. Or else.

I hope you and yours have a fantastic weekend. I'll be back Monday with pics and Randomness galore.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter